Pop culture publisher GeekChicDaily has just made a strategic transaction with Thomas Tull’s Legendary Pictures, and is closing on an investment round led by Revolution Studios Founder Joe Roth and Seattle investor and internet pioneer Mike Slade. New investors include Gamespy founder Mark Surfas, Legendary Digital President Kathy Vrabeck, who is leaving that post at the end of the month, and Machinima Chairman/CEO Allen DeBevoise. Existing investor and Clear Channel Chairman of Media and Entertainment Robert Pittman and his partner Andrew Russell will also join the round. Proceeds will beef up the daily publication that focuses on comics, vidgames, film, TV, toys and collectibles. GeekChicDaily was launched in late 2009 by Peter Levin and Gareb Shamus with initial investors that included Pittman and former Sony Pictures Entertainment head and current Mandalay Entertainment boss Peter Guber.
Major Showbiz Players Invest In Geek Chic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Operation Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…