Pop culture publisher GeekChicDaily has just made a strategic transaction with Thomas Tull’s Legendary Pictures, and is closing on an investment round led by Revolution Studios Founder Joe Roth and Seattle investor and internet pioneer Mike Slade. New investors include Gamespy founder Mark Surfas, Legendary Digital President Kathy Vrabeck, who is leaving that post at the end of the month, and Machinima Chairman/CEO Allen DeBevoise. Existing investor and Clear Channel Chairman of Media and Entertainment Robert Pittman and his partner Andrew Russell will also join the round. Proceeds will beef up the daily publication that focuses on comics, vidgames, film, TV, toys and collectibles. GeekChicDaily was launched in late 2009 by Peter Levin and Gareb Shamus with initial investors that included Pittman and former Sony Pictures Entertainment head and current Mandalay Entertainment boss Peter Guber.
Major Showbiz Players Invest In Geek Chic
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount