Pop culture publisher GeekChicDaily has just made a strategic transaction with Thomas Tull’s Legendary Pictures, and is closing on an investment round led by Revolution Studios Founder Joe Roth and Seattle investor and internet pioneer Mike Slade. New investors include Gamespy founder Mark Surfas, Legendary Digital President Kathy Vrabeck, who is leaving that post at the end of the month, and Machinima Chairman/CEO Allen DeBevoise. Existing investor and Clear Channel Chairman of Media and Entertainment Robert Pittman and his partner Andrew Russell will also join the round. Proceeds will beef up the daily publication that focuses on comics, vidgames, film, TV, toys and collectibles. GeekChicDaily was launched in late 2009 by Peter Levin and Gareb Shamus with initial investors that included Pittman and former Sony Pictures Entertainment head and current Mandalay Entertainment boss Peter Guber.
Major Showbiz Players Invest In Geek Chic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Film News
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank? – Monday Update
- First Sarah Jones Safety Grant Awarded On Third Year Mark Of Her Death
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?