Pop culture publisher GeekChicDaily has just made a strategic transaction with Thomas Tull’s Legendary Pictures, and is closing on an investment round led by Revolution Studios Founder Joe Roth and Seattle investor and internet pioneer Mike Slade. New investors include Gamespy founder Mark Surfas, Legendary Digital President Kathy Vrabeck, who is leaving that post at the end of the month, and Machinima Chairman/CEO Allen DeBevoise. Existing investor and Clear Channel Chairman of Media and Entertainment Robert Pittman and his partner Andrew Russell will also join the round. Proceeds will beef up the daily publication that focuses on comics, vidgames, film, TV, toys and collectibles. GeekChicDaily was launched in late 2009 by Peter Levin and Gareb Shamus with initial investors that included Pittman and former Sony Pictures Entertainment head and current Mandalay Entertainment boss Peter Guber.
Major Showbiz Players Invest In Geek Chic
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'