Fox has handed a pilot order to Little in Common, a single-camera comedy from Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas. The project, produced by Warner Bros. TV, is about 3 families united through their kids’ little league sports. This is Fox’s second comedy pilot pickup this season. The network recently ordered a multicamera comedy, Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer’s I Hate My Teenage Daughter, also from WBTV. The pickup marks a return to broadcast TV for Thomas who most recently co-created and executive produced the Starz comedy Party Down. Little in Common is one of two comedy projects Thomas sold to the broadcast networks this development season. It is in second position to Temp, a comedy for NBC, which Thomas co-wrote with fellow Party Down co-creators John Enbom and Dan Etheridge. Both shows are produced by WBTV. Thomas is executive producing Little In Common with frequent collaborators Danielle Stokdyk, Jennifer Gwartz and Etheridge who all worked with him on UPN’s Veronica Mars, ABC’s Cupid and Starz’s Party Down.
Fox Picks Up Rob Thomas Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- DirecTV Picks Up 'Downton Abbey' Parody Series 'The Britishes' From Electus Digital
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'