Fox has handed a pilot order to Little in Common, a single-camera comedy from Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas. The project, produced by Warner Bros. TV, is about 3 families united through their kids’ little league sports. This is Fox’s second comedy pilot pickup this season. The network recently ordered a multicamera comedy, Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer’s I Hate My Teenage Daughter, also from WBTV. The pickup marks a return to broadcast TV for Thomas who most recently co-created and executive produced the Starz comedy Party Down. Little in Common is one of two comedy projects Thomas sold to the broadcast networks this development season. It is in second position to Temp, a comedy for NBC, which Thomas co-wrote with fellow Party Down co-creators John Enbom and Dan Etheridge. Both shows are produced by WBTV. Thomas is executive producing Little In Common with frequent collaborators Danielle Stokdyk, Jennifer Gwartz and Etheridge who all worked with him on UPN’s Veronica Mars, ABC’s Cupid and Starz’s Party Down.
Fox Picks Up Rob Thomas Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations