Fox has handed a pilot order to Little in Common, a single-camera comedy from Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas. The project, produced by Warner Bros. TV, is about 3 families united through their kids’ little league sports. This is Fox’s second comedy pilot pickup this season. The network recently ordered a multicamera comedy, Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer’s I Hate My Teenage Daughter, also from WBTV. The pickup marks a return to broadcast TV for Thomas who most recently co-created and executive produced the Starz comedy Party Down. Little in Common is one of two comedy projects Thomas sold to the broadcast networks this development season. It is in second position to Temp, a comedy for NBC, which Thomas co-wrote with fellow Party Down co-creators John Enbom and Dan Etheridge. Both shows are produced by WBTV. Thomas is executive producing Little In Common with frequent collaborators Danielle Stokdyk, Jennifer Gwartz and Etheridge who all worked with him on UPN’s Veronica Mars, ABC’s Cupid and Starz’s Party Down.
Fox Picks Up Rob Thomas Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash