At Fox’s TCA session yesterday, entertainment president Kevin Reilly noted that the network is not giving up on multicamera comedy, and its first comedy pilot order this season will go to a traditional sitcom. That is now a reality – Fox has just closed a deal to greenlight I Hate My Teenage Daughter, from Warner Bros. TV and writers/executive producers Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer. It centers on two women who now have daughters just like the girls who picked on them in high school. Veteran sitcom helmer Andy Ackerman is attached to direct. On the drama side, Fox has already ordered two pilots, Locke & Key and Alcatraz.
Fox Orders Multicamera Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV
- Netflix Series From 'Damages' Creators Unveils Title, First Teaser: Video