FilmDistrict finalized a distribution deal for Insidious, the horror film by original Saw writer/director James Wan and Leigh Whannell, and produced by Paranormal Activity architects Oren Peli, Jason Blum and Steven Schneider. The deal was long-rumored. FilmDistrict was started by Bob Berney and Peter Schlessel started with funding from Graham King and Tim Headington to generate product that can play on 1500 to upwards of 2500 screens. Insidious will come in at 2500 screens in its April 1 release. Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Barbara Hershey, Lin Shaye, Angus Sampson and Whannell star in a thriller about a family that moves into a house they discover is haunted. After their son lapses into a coma, they try to escape and save him. After they move, they discover spirits too can pack their bags and move out. The picture, financed by Alliance and sold offshore by IM Global, made its debut at the Toronto International Film Festival. “With Insidious, James and Leigh are redefining the haunted house genre,” Schlessel said in a statement. “By taking well-known horror movie conventions and elevating them to the next level, they’ve created a film that is fun, suspenseful and very very scary.” Brian Kavanaugh-Jones is exec producer. Here’s a scene from the movie:
FilmDistrict Acquires 'Insidious'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Jonathan Demme And Untold ‘Silence Of The Lambs’ Tales: Hannibal, Clarice, Tally, Hackman, And A Discarded…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Blasts Off With $6.6M On Day 1 At International Box Office
- ‘Permission’ Stars Dan Stevens And Rebecca Hall Discuss Difficult Relationship Questions — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Cars 3′ Trailer: Ol’ 95 Is Getting Rusty As A Record-Setting New Rival Emerges
- ‘Life Boat’ Director Lorraine Nicholson On Guiding Stephen Dorff Through His First Short Film Experience…
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Gets Wiggy With Innovative Doritos Promo