EXCLUSIVE: Bold Films has paid six-figures to buy Evidence, a spec script by first time writer John Swetnam, who’ll be given first crack at directing. Marc Platt will produce along with FilmEngine’s Anthony Rhulen and Jake Wagner, and Bold’s Michael Litvak and David Lancaster. Police arrive at an abandoned gas station following a brutal massacre. The only evidence at the crime scene is the victims’ personal electronic devices, including a camcorder, flip Cam, and two cell phones. With nothing else to go on, a detective must analyze the bits of “found footage” to piece together the identity of the killer. Script was one of several that went out late last week, and was the first to sell. Adam Siegel will be exec producer with Gary Michael Walters. APA’s David Boxerbaum brokered the deal with FilmEngine.
'Evidence' Goes In Spec Deal To Bold Films
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films