EXCLUSIVE: Bold Films has paid six-figures to buy Evidence, a spec script by first time writer John Swetnam, who’ll be given first crack at directing. Marc Platt will produce along with FilmEngine’s Anthony Rhulen and Jake Wagner, and Bold’s Michael Litvak and David Lancaster. Police arrive at an abandoned gas station following a brutal massacre. The only evidence at the crime scene is the victims’ personal electronic devices, including a camcorder, flip Cam, and two cell phones. With nothing else to go on, a detective must analyze the bits of “found footage” to piece together the identity of the killer. Script was one of several that went out late last week, and was the first to sell. Adam Siegel will be exec producer with Gary Michael Walters. APA’s David Boxerbaum brokered the deal with FilmEngine.
'Evidence' Goes In Spec Deal To Bold Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA