EXCLUSIVE: Edgar Ramirez has been offered the role of Ares, the God of War, in the sequel Wrath of the Titans, which Jonathan Liebesman will direct for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. I’m told he’s on the verge of making a deal to star opposite Sam Worthington. Ramirez got Golden Globes and SAG Award nominations for his breakout performance as terrorist Carlos the Jackal in the five and one-half hour Olivier Assayas-directed biopic Carlos. Unfortunately, Ramirez won’t be in Oscar contention, the film deemed ineligible because it aired on the Sundance Channel before it was released in theaters by IFC. The Venezuelan actor also played a memorable assassin in The Bourne Ultimatum. He’s repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Edgar Ramirez Going From Jackal To God Of War In 'Wrath Of The Titans'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Netflix’s ‘Five Came Back’ With Spielberg, Coppola, Del Toro, Greengrass & Kasdan Drops Trailer…
- Comcast NBCU To Take Full Ownership Of Universal Studios Japan For $2.3B
- Jimmy Kimmel’s Late-Night Oscar Explainer Pops In Ratings
- Bart & Fleming: One Of Us Can’t Get Past The Idea A Tweeting Accountant Destroyed Oscar
- ‘Resident Evil’ Rocks China; Crosses $100M Monday After Record Debut – International Box Office
- BBC’s ‘Gunpowder’ Adds Cast; Studiocanal Promotes Anna Marsh – Global Briefs