EXCLUSIVE: Edgar Ramirez has been offered the role of Ares, the God of War, in the sequel Wrath of the Titans, which Jonathan Liebesman will direct for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. I’m told he’s on the verge of making a deal to star opposite Sam Worthington. Ramirez got Golden Globes and SAG Award nominations for his breakout performance as terrorist Carlos the Jackal in the five and one-half hour Olivier Assayas-directed biopic Carlos. Unfortunately, Ramirez won’t be in Oscar contention, the film deemed ineligible because it aired on the Sundance Channel before it was released in theaters by IFC. The Venezuelan actor also played a memorable assassin in The Bourne Ultimatum. He’s repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Edgar Ramirez Going From Jackal To God Of War In 'Wrath Of The Titans'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films