EXCLUSIVE: Edgar Ramirez has been offered the role of Ares, the God of War, in the sequel Wrath of the Titans, which Jonathan Liebesman will direct for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. I’m told he’s on the verge of making a deal to star opposite Sam Worthington. Ramirez got Golden Globes and SAG Award nominations for his breakout performance as terrorist Carlos the Jackal in the five and one-half hour Olivier Assayas-directed biopic Carlos. Unfortunately, Ramirez won’t be in Oscar contention, the film deemed ineligible because it aired on the Sundance Channel before it was released in theaters by IFC. The Venezuelan actor also played a memorable assassin in The Bourne Ultimatum. He’s repped by WME and Impression Entertainment.
Edgar Ramirez Going From Jackal To God Of War In 'Wrath Of The Titans'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veteran ‘Criminal Minds’, Comedies 'Life In Pieces' & ‘Kevin Can Wait’ Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam's 'Don Quixote', More
'Homeland': Claire Danes Confirms Series Will End With Season 8, New Pregnancy Not Expected To Impact Production
Latest Film News
- Sofia Vergara Animation ‘Koati’ Cannes Marché-Bound With Timeless Films
- ‘The Equalizer 2’ Trailer: Denzel Washington Returns As Justice-Seeker In Antoine Fuqua Action Thriller
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Final Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin In Dark Battle Of Wits & Fists
- Tina Fey Pays Emotional Tribute To Gilda Radner At Tribeca Opener ‘Love, Gilda’: “We All Saw That And Said, 'I Want To Do That'”…
- Sundance London Reveals Lineup With Strong Female Presence Including ‘The Tale’ & ‘Leave No Trace’
- Cannes Adds Lars Von Trier, Whitney Houston Doc, Michael B. Jordan Sci-Fi, Terry Gilliam’s ‘Don Quixote’, More