UPDATE: Summit Entertainment insider is acknowledging that a studio DVD containing the Mel Gibson-Jodie Foster not-yet-released movie The Beaver is missing and appears to have been stolen from Mel Gibson’s mailbox. The LA Sheriff’s Department is investigating. The insider also is confirming the details TMZ first reported that the studio gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD, he screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit. The courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing from Mel’s mailbox. Few movies have received so much pre-release publicity as this one. Question is, will it translate into theater tickets?
'The Beaver' Copy Stolen From Mel Gibson
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief