UPDATE: Summit Entertainment insider is acknowledging that a studio DVD containing the Mel Gibson-Jodie Foster not-yet-released movie The Beaver is missing and appears to have been stolen from Mel Gibson’s mailbox. The LA Sheriff’s Department is investigating. The insider also is confirming the details TMZ first reported that the studio gave Mel the final cut of the movie on DVD, he screened it at his home, and at 10:45 AM put the DVD in his mailbox so a courier could pick it up and return it to Summit. The courier showed up at 2:30 PM Wednesday, and the DVD was missing from Mel’s mailbox. Few movies have received so much pre-release publicity as this one. Question is, will it translate into theater tickets?
'The Beaver' Copy Stolen From Mel Gibson
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?