EXCLUSIVE: Disney has closed a deal with Terry Rossio to write the fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean. This will be the first one without Ted Elliott, his screenwriting accomplice on the first four pictures. The studio is also making moves to bring back director Rob Marshall for his second voyage on the franchise. This comes as his first effort, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, is moving through post-production for a May 20, 2011 release. I’m told that Johnny Depp has a deal structure to return for a fifth film that will clearly be drawn up for him to reprise Jack Sparrow, though it’s too early to consider him locked. The studio and Jerry Bruckheimer are consumed with the fourth installment, but Rossio’s deal is done.
Disney Sets Terry Rossio To Script Fifth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Installment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start