EXCLUSIVE: Disney has closed a deal with Terry Rossio to write the fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean. This will be the first one without Ted Elliott, his screenwriting accomplice on the first four pictures. The studio is also making moves to bring back director Rob Marshall for his second voyage on the franchise. This comes as his first effort, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, is moving through post-production for a May 20, 2011 release. I’m told that Johnny Depp has a deal structure to return for a fifth film that will clearly be drawn up for him to reprise Jack Sparrow, though it’s too early to consider him locked. The studio and Jerry Bruckheimer are consumed with the fourth installment, but Rossio’s deal is done.
Disney Sets Terry Rossio To Script Fifth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Installment
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cannes, Disney Self-Absorption, Suzanne Somers
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $26.7M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $45.8M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…