EXCLUSIVE: Disney has closed a deal with Terry Rossio to write the fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean. This will be the first one without Ted Elliott, his screenwriting accomplice on the first four pictures. The studio is also making moves to bring back director Rob Marshall for his second voyage on the franchise. This comes as his first effort, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, is moving through post-production for a May 20, 2011 release. I’m told that Johnny Depp has a deal structure to return for a fifth film that will clearly be drawn up for him to reprise Jack Sparrow, though it’s too early to consider him locked. The studio and Jerry Bruckheimer are consumed with the fourth installment, but Rossio’s deal is done.
Disney Sets Terry Rossio To Script Fifth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Installment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Latest Film News
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'
- Why ‘Alien: Covenant’ Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From ‘Prometheus’ — Box…
- ‘The Wizard Of Lies’ Production Designer Laurence Bennett On Crafting A Dickensian Nightmare
- ‘Resident Evil’ Franchise Reboot: James Wan On Board To Produce From Greg Russo Script
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?