EXCLUSIVE: Disney has closed a deal with Terry Rossio to write the fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean. This will be the first one without Ted Elliott, his screenwriting accomplice on the first four pictures. The studio is also making moves to bring back director Rob Marshall for his second voyage on the franchise. This comes as his first effort, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, is moving through post-production for a May 20, 2011 release. I’m told that Johnny Depp has a deal structure to return for a fifth film that will clearly be drawn up for him to reprise Jack Sparrow, though it’s too early to consider him locked. The studio and Jerry Bruckheimer are consumed with the fourth installment, but Rossio’s deal is done.
Disney Sets Terry Rossio To Script Fifth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Installment
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- ‘Bad Moms’ Review: Perfect Movie For Moms To Ditch The Kids And Have Some Raunchy Fun
- Alcon Acquires Feature Film Pitch ‘Besties’ From ‘Lucifer’ Co-EP
- Thriller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus To…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars