EXCLUSIVE: Disney has closed a deal with Terry Rossio to write the fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean. This will be the first one without Ted Elliott, his screenwriting accomplice on the first four pictures. The studio is also making moves to bring back director Rob Marshall for his second voyage on the franchise. This comes as his first effort, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, is moving through post-production for a May 20, 2011 release. I’m told that Johnny Depp has a deal structure to return for a fifth film that will clearly be drawn up for him to reprise Jack Sparrow, though it’s too early to consider him locked. The studio and Jerry Bruckheimer are consumed with the fourth installment, but Rossio’s deal is done.
Disney Sets Terry Rossio To Script Fifth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Installment
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- Tim Blake Nelson Boards ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Uncork’d Entertainment & Lantern Lane Entertainment Acquire L.A. Film Festival Drama ’20 Weeks’
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $190M+ Second Global Weekend
- Amazon Studios Lands Alafair Burke Novel ‘The Wife,’ A Thriller In #MeToo Moment
- Brad Weston’s Makeready Lands Jessica Barry Thriller Novel ‘Freefall’, Latest In Slate-Building Deal Flurry
- Cinemark Shares Rise On Strong Earnings Results