UPDATED: The upcoming kids cable channel Disney Junior, will make its debut as a block on Disney Channel on Feb. 14 with new animated series Jake and the Never Land Pirates. In other Disney Channel premiere news, new original movie Lemonade Mouth is set to debut on March 25. Five other new series also are set to join the Disney Junior. schedule: the short form titles Mickey Mousekersize, Special Agent Oso: Three Healthy Steps and A Poem Is… (narrated by Jennifer Garner and Katie Holmes, among other familiar voices), and full length series Babar and the Adventures of Badou and Tinga Tinga Tales. Existing Disney Channel pre-school series such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Jungle Junction and Imagination Movers, will also be seen on Disney Junior. Additionally, Disney Junior will replace Playhouse Disney as a programming block weekdays (4:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., ET/PT) and weekends (4:00–9:00 a.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. The full-blown Disney Junior channel, which will replace SoapNet, will launch next year.
Disney Junior To Launch On Valentine's Day
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot
- ‘Big Love’ Creators Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Remember Their Star Bill Paxton
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings