UPDATED: The upcoming kids cable channel Disney Junior, will make its debut as a block on Disney Channel on Feb. 14 with new animated series Jake and the Never Land Pirates. In other Disney Channel premiere news, new original movie Lemonade Mouth is set to debut on March 25. Five other new series also are set to join the Disney Junior. schedule: the short form titles Mickey Mousekersize, Special Agent Oso: Three Healthy Steps and A Poem Is… (narrated by Jennifer Garner and Katie Holmes, among other familiar voices), and full length series Babar and the Adventures of Badou and Tinga Tinga Tales. Existing Disney Channel pre-school series such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Jungle Junction and Imagination Movers, will also be seen on Disney Junior. Additionally, Disney Junior will replace Playhouse Disney as a programming block weekdays (4:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., ET/PT) and weekends (4:00–9:00 a.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. The full-blown Disney Junior channel, which will replace SoapNet, will launch next year.
Disney Junior To Launch On Valentine's Day
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate