UPDATED: The upcoming kids cable channel Disney Junior, will make its debut as a block on Disney Channel on Feb. 14 with new animated series Jake and the Never Land Pirates. In other Disney Channel premiere news, new original movie Lemonade Mouth is set to debut on March 25. Five other new series also are set to join the Disney Junior. schedule: the short form titles Mickey Mousekersize, Special Agent Oso: Three Healthy Steps and A Poem Is… (narrated by Jennifer Garner and Katie Holmes, among other familiar voices), and full length series Babar and the Adventures of Badou and Tinga Tinga Tales. Existing Disney Channel pre-school series such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, Jungle Junction and Imagination Movers, will also be seen on Disney Junior. Additionally, Disney Junior will replace Playhouse Disney as a programming block weekdays (4:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., ET/PT) and weekends (4:00–9:00 a.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. The full-blown Disney Junior channel, which will replace SoapNet, will launch next year.
Disney Junior To Launch On Valentine's Day
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo
- Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play Title Role In Fox Pilot ‘Cooper Barrett’s Guide’
- Murder Case Involving Texas Justice of the Peace To Be Developed As HBO Film