UK newspapers report that director Orson Welles’s unseen 1972 film The Other Side of the Wind could now see the light of day. The unedited film has been hidden away in a vault and been the subject of an ownership dispute. Now Los Angeles attorney Kenneth Sidle, who reps one of the film’s producers, tells The Guardian that negotiations for its release may be concluded soon. Among those who appear in the film are directors John Huston and Peter Bogdanovich. Now the question is whether the footage should be shown raw or edited.
Director Orson Welles Final Film To Screen?
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Universal Ups Nicholas Carpou To President Of Domestic Distribution
- Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race' Release Date Set For April 2016; William Hurt Joins Cast
- Joy Behar Goes Solo; Next Stop, Greenwich Village
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr