The Fighter director David O. Russell is in early talks to rewrite 2 Guns, with the idea that he’ll direct Vince Vaughn at Universal Pictures. The Marc Platt, Andrew Cosby and Boom! Studios-produced film, an adaptation of the Steven Grant graphic novel, is about a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who unwittingly investigate each other as each steals mob money. Russell and Vaughn recently discussed working together on Russell’s script Old St. Louis. Russell just was nominated for top directing honors by the Directors Guild of America.
David O Russell May Write/Direct '2 Guns'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings