After a couple of weeks of hitting series highs in total viewers, CBS has given freshman daytime talk show The Talk an early renewal for next season. With the exception of Marissa Jaret Winokur, who recently left the show, the other hosts, Julie Chen, the show’s creator Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini, are staying put. The show examines topical events and contemporary issues through the eyes of the hosts who are all mothers. “After only a few months on the air, The Talk has delivered creative and ratings growth and established a strong profile in daytime,” said CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler. That beats the alternative, spelled out in a video message by CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves to his wife Chen played on the show’s premiere episode: “If it doesn’t work, I’ll cancel you.”
CBS Renews 'The Talk' For Next Season
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom of the Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV