CBS has made another drama pilot pickup, giving the green light to Rookies, an ensemble cop show from The Color of Money writer Richard Price. The project, about six NYPD rookies who balance their personal lives with learning the beat on the streets of Manhattan, is executive produced by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal through their Tribeca production banner as well as Price. CBS TV Studios, where Tribeca has a TV deal, is producing. This would mark a second NY-based cop drama series for CBS, which also has freshman Blue Bloods, in addition to forensic procedural CSI: NY. Feature writer Price ventured into series TV with a writing gig on the HBO drama The Wire. The order for Rookies follows the recent pickup of 2 other drama pilots by CBS, Ringer, toplined by Sarah Michelle Gellar, and an untitled supernatural medical drama from writer Susannah Grant.
CBS Picks Up Cop Drama Pilot From Richard Price And Robert De Niro
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'