CBS has made another drama pilot pickup, giving the green light to Rookies, an ensemble cop show from The Color of Money writer Richard Price. The project, about six NYPD rookies who balance their personal lives with learning the beat on the streets of Manhattan, is executive produced by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal through their Tribeca production banner as well as Price. CBS TV Studios, where Tribeca has a TV deal, is producing. This would mark a second NY-based cop drama series for CBS, which also has freshman Blue Bloods, in addition to forensic procedural CSI: NY. Feature writer Price ventured into series TV with a writing gig on the HBO drama The Wire. The order for Rookies follows the recent pickup of 2 other drama pilots by CBS, Ringer, toplined by Sarah Michelle Gellar, and an untitled supernatural medical drama from writer Susannah Grant.
CBS Picks Up Cop Drama Pilot From Richard Price And Robert De Niro
What's Hot on Deadline
Leonardo DiCaprio Remembers 'Gilbert Grape' Star Darlene Cates: "She Was The Best Acting Mom I Ever Had"
Latest TV News
- Mika Brzezinski To Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Presidency “Far Worse” Than She Expected
- '2017' Trailer: Louis C.K. Takes The Stage In Netflix Stand-Up Special
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘The Daily Show’s Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
- Maxine Waters Tells Bill O’Reilly To Buzz Off
- ‘New Girl’ Clip: And Schmidt’s First Name Is…
- CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Real Life’ Casts Male Lead Role With Ryan Hansen As Guest Star, Mulls Potential Premise Tweak