CBS has made another drama pilot pickup, giving the green light to Rookies, an ensemble cop show from The Color of Money writer Richard Price. The project, about six NYPD rookies who balance their personal lives with learning the beat on the streets of Manhattan, is executive produced by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal through their Tribeca production banner as well as Price. CBS TV Studios, where Tribeca has a TV deal, is producing. This would mark a second NY-based cop drama series for CBS, which also has freshman Blue Bloods, in addition to forensic procedural CSI: NY. Feature writer Price ventured into series TV with a writing gig on the HBO drama The Wire. The order for Rookies follows the recent pickup of 2 other drama pilots by CBS, Ringer, toplined by Sarah Michelle Gellar, and an untitled supernatural medical drama from writer Susannah Grant.
CBS Picks Up Cop Drama Pilot From Richard Price And Robert De Niro
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden's "Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special"
Latest TV News
- Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special”
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Gretchen Carlson Inks Deal With A+E Networks For Documentary Specials