EXCLUSIVE: Brendan Fraser has returned to CAA, after spending the past half decade at WME. Move comes just as Fraser is signing on for Seconds of Pleasure, a drama which Neil LaBute is prepping to shoot in the UK in March. Kristin Scott Thomas will also star, and Colin Firth and Ed Harris are mulling offers. Fraser’s slot was open, after he left the sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth. While the original 3D film was a hit, New Line would not pay a pre-negotiated sequel option price of around $15 million. They re-cast, and Dwayne Johnson took the male lead in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. Brillstein Entertainment Partners continues to manage Fraser.
Brendan Fraser Heads Back To CAA, Signs On For Neil LaBute's Next
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest Film News
- Shocker! MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber Leaving Company After Eight Years At The Helm
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New Cartel War
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?