EXCLUSIVE: Brendan Fraser has returned to CAA, after spending the past half decade at WME. Move comes just as Fraser is signing on for Seconds of Pleasure, a drama which Neil LaBute is prepping to shoot in the UK in March. Kristin Scott Thomas will also star, and Colin Firth and Ed Harris are mulling offers. Fraser’s slot was open, after he left the sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth. While the original 3D film was a hit, New Line would not pay a pre-negotiated sequel option price of around $15 million. They re-cast, and Dwayne Johnson took the male lead in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. Brillstein Entertainment Partners continues to manage Fraser.
Brendan Fraser Heads Back To CAA, Signs On For Neil LaBute's Next
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’