EXCLUSIVE: Brendan Fraser has returned to CAA, after spending the past half decade at WME. Move comes just as Fraser is signing on for Seconds of Pleasure, a drama which Neil LaBute is prepping to shoot in the UK in March. Kristin Scott Thomas will also star, and Colin Firth and Ed Harris are mulling offers. Fraser’s slot was open, after he left the sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth. While the original 3D film was a hit, New Line would not pay a pre-negotiated sequel option price of around $15 million. They re-cast, and Dwayne Johnson took the male lead in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. Brillstein Entertainment Partners continues to manage Fraser.
Brendan Fraser Heads Back To CAA, Signs On For Neil LaBute's Next
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…