Bravo has ordered four new stand-up comedy specials with Kathy Griffin, the most in a single year for the comedian and star-executive producer of the network’s Emmy-winning reality series Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List. Since 2005, Griffin has done 8 comedy specials for Bravo, most recently Kathy Griffin: Whores on Crutches. The new one-hour specials will air quarterly in 2011. “I went to Bravo and told them I thought I was being a little too nice in my stand up specials. They agreed… and gave me four more. Let the fur fly,” said Griffin. Following the sixth season of D List over the summer, Griffin said she didn’t want to continue with the docu series. To keep her presence on Bravo, the network decided to expand her portfolio of specials.
Bravo Greenlights 4 Kathy Griffin Specials
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate