Ben Silverman’s IAC-owned Electus has acquired Engine Entertainment to form a new in-house global distribution arm, Electus/Engine Distribution. The new division will handle worldwide sales for Electus’ content including television, motion picture and digital. Engine Entertainment CEO Chris Philip will assume the role of president of Electus/Engine Distribution with offices in London, Miami, New York and Los Angeles. Electus and Engine already co-produce and distribute Thumb Wars, a Smart Phone game show. Electus previously inked a distribution partnership with Elizabeth Murdoch’s Shine Group, which will continue international distribution under existing deals for Cuckoo’s Nest, Master of the Mix, P.I. Moms and Hiccups. As part of the partnership between Electus and Guy Hameiri’s Israeli-based Abbot Reif Hameiri Production Co., Electus/Engine Distribution now serves as the international sales team for the company’s programming.
Ben Silverman's Electus Buys Distrib Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest Film News
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Docu ‘Hurt Business’; ‘Kickboxer’ Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening