Ben Silverman’s IAC-owned Electus has acquired Engine Entertainment to form a new in-house global distribution arm, Electus/Engine Distribution. The new division will handle worldwide sales for Electus’ content including television, motion picture and digital. Engine Entertainment CEO Chris Philip will assume the role of president of Electus/Engine Distribution with offices in London, Miami, New York and Los Angeles. Electus and Engine already co-produce and distribute Thumb Wars, a Smart Phone game show. Electus previously inked a distribution partnership with Elizabeth Murdoch’s Shine Group, which will continue international distribution under existing deals for Cuckoo’s Nest, Master of the Mix, P.I. Moms and Hiccups. As part of the partnership between Electus and Guy Hameiri’s Israeli-based Abbot Reif Hameiri Production Co., Electus/Engine Distribution now serves as the international sales team for the company’s programming.
Ben Silverman's Electus Buys Distrib Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Christian Bale Knee Injury Means ‘The Deep Blue Good-by’ Will Follow ‘Wolverine 3′
- The Joker Photo: First Official Look At Jared Leto’s ‘Suicide Squad’ Villain
- A24 Acquires ‘The Adderall Diaries’ In 2nd Tribeca Deal Of Day For Distrib
- ‘Iron Man’ Copyright Lawsuit Against Marvel Has Weak Links In Its Claims
- Fox Searchlight Sets Fall Release For ‘He Named Me Malala’, About Youngest Nobel Winner – Update
- Eric Idle: “We’re Funnier Than Scientology” – Monty Python Invades Tribeca Film Fest