Ben Silverman’s IAC-owned Electus has acquired Engine Entertainment to form a new in-house global distribution arm, Electus/Engine Distribution. The new division will handle worldwide sales for Electus’ content including television, motion picture and digital. Engine Entertainment CEO Chris Philip will assume the role of president of Electus/Engine Distribution with offices in London, Miami, New York and Los Angeles. Electus and Engine already co-produce and distribute Thumb Wars, a Smart Phone game show. Electus previously inked a distribution partnership with Elizabeth Murdoch’s Shine Group, which will continue international distribution under existing deals for Cuckoo’s Nest, Master of the Mix, P.I. Moms and Hiccups. As part of the partnership between Electus and Guy Hameiri’s Israeli-based Abbot Reif Hameiri Production Co., Electus/Engine Distribution now serves as the international sales team for the company’s programming.
Ben Silverman's Electus Buys Distrib Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest Film News
- Sacha Baron Cohen Signs With CAA
- And The 2016 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards Go To …
- Saban Films Acquires Zack Whedon’s Feature Debut ‘Come And Find Me’
- Alamo Drafthouse & Legion M Partner On Genre Entertainment Development Stream
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Nine Stories And Partner Bold Films Join With ‘Sicario’ Director Denis Villeneuve On…
- Abramorama Leashes Music Docu ‘Breaking A Monster’; Janus Films Hires ‘Cameraperson’