Ben Silverman’s IAC-owned Electus has acquired Engine Entertainment to form a new in-house global distribution arm, Electus/Engine Distribution. The new division will handle worldwide sales for Electus’ content including television, motion picture and digital. Engine Entertainment CEO Chris Philip will assume the role of president of Electus/Engine Distribution with offices in London, Miami, New York and Los Angeles. Electus and Engine already co-produce and distribute Thumb Wars, a Smart Phone game show. Electus previously inked a distribution partnership with Elizabeth Murdoch’s Shine Group, which will continue international distribution under existing deals for Cuckoo’s Nest, Master of the Mix, P.I. Moms and Hiccups. As part of the partnership between Electus and Guy Hameiri’s Israeli-based Abbot Reif Hameiri Production Co., Electus/Engine Distribution now serves as the international sales team for the company’s programming.
Ben Silverman's Electus Buys Distrib Co.
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC