EXCLUSIVE: Ben Affleck, whose sophomore directing effort The Town has made him one of the hottest directors in town, has added another possible next directing project to his roster. And this one must be good, it’s #8 on the Black List. The project’s titled American Bullshit, an Eric Warren Singer-script. According to the Black List description, the drama’s described as “the true story of Abscam, the FBI’s 1980 undercover sting operation of Congress to root out corruption which was the brainchild of the world’s greatest con man.” American Bullshit is set up at Sony Pictures Entertainment with Charles Roven and Richard Suckle producing through Atlas Entertainment. Affleck hasn’t committed, but is seriously mulling this among several projects that include The Trade, the Dave Mandel-scripted film based on the 70s wife swap of New York Yankees pitchers Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich; and Replay, a Jason Smilovic-scripted adaptation of a Ken Grimwood novel about a 43-year old radio journalist who dies, wakes up in his 18-year old body, and gets to relive his life over and over. The latter two projects are at Warner Bros, were Affleck and Matt Damon have their first look deal. Affleck’s repped by WME.
Ben Affleck Eyes Black List Abscam Drama 'American Bullshit' As Next Directing Gig
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out – DeadlineNow (Video)
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'
- Netflix Sets 'Crouching Tiger 2′ As 1st Feature; Hollywood's Nightmare?