AMC didn’t hold an executive Q&E session at TCA, just a panel for upcoming drama The Killing. But at the beginning of that panel, the network’s executives addressed the big question: the future of the network’s flagship series Mad Men. There is no deal yet with Lionsgate TV for a fifth season of the Emmy-winning period drama or between Lionsgate and series creator Matthew Weiner for him to continue on the show. Just like two years ago, both are proving to be nail-biters, with a lot of money on the line. The plan is to bring Mad Men back for Season 5, AMC SVP Joel Stillerman told reporters before introducing The Killing panel but was quick to note that he didn’t know when. After the panel, our contributor Ray Richmond asked AMC president and GM Charlie Collier about the state of the Mad Men renewal. “We’re negotiating, don’t know much more than that yet,” he said. “Can’t put a timetable on if.” Last time around, the deals closed in January, shortly after Mad Men had triumphed at the Golden Globes.
AMC: There Will Be 5th Season Of 'Mad Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature