EXCLUSIVE: Meet the first new Charlie’s angel: I hear General Hospital co-star Annie Ilonzeh has landed one of the 3 leads in ABC’s Charlie’s Angels pilot. The project, from Sony Pictures TV and Drew Barrymore’s Flower Films, is a modern take on the Angels set in Miami and centers on a new trio of young and sexy private eyes – Kate, Abby and Marisa – working for a wealthy mystery man. Ilonzeh will play Kate, a very smart and very athletic ex-cop and a master of martial arts. She is the most serious of our 3 Angels but also knows how to let her hair down and have a great time. Ilonzeh, best known for her role as Maya Ward on General Hospital, recently did arcs on HBO’s Entourage and the CW’s Melrose Place.
ABC's 'Charlie's Angels' Casts First Angel
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Phantom of the Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV