ABC has given the green light to comedy pilot Suburgatory, from writer/executive producer Emily Kapnek and Warner Bros. TV. The single-camera project is described as a satirical look at life in the suburbs and centers on a quintessentially New York City girl who moves to a cookie-cutter community only to discover that life in the ‘burbs is more frightening than any horror movie that she’s ever seen. From the network: “tonally, this is a heightened view of suburbia with a cinematic quality that evokes the scope and horror of perfection.”
ABC Picks Up Suburban Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'