UPDATED: On the heels of ABC renewing its flagship comedy series Modern Family for a third season, the network is finalizing a deal to pick up a single-camera comedy pilot directed by the Modern Family pilot director Jason Winer. The 20th TV-produced project, tentatively titled Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23, was written/executive produced by American Dad executive producer Nahnatchka Khan and executive produced/supervised by former American Dad! writer-producer David Hemingson. It centers on an an earnest, honest, optimistic girl from the heartland who, due to circumstances beyond her control, is forced to move in with a sexy, unstable New York City party girl who has the morals of a pirate. Khan and Hemingson originally developed the project for Fox 2 seasons ago. Now, it is finding a second life at ABC with a pilot order and Winer as director. Bitch marks the first pilot directing gig for Winer since Modern Family, also for ABC/20th TV, which earned him an Emmy and an DGA nomination. Winer, who also served as director/co-executive producer on the first season of Family, is bring along Family producer Jeff Morton who will serve as a producer on Bitch. For Khan, the project is in second position to Connected, a single-camera comedy she has in contention at Fox. Additionally, she has comedy Dealbreaker under consideration at ABC.
ABC Orders Dave Hemingson/Nahnatchka Khan Comedy Pilot; Jason Winer To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'