UPDATED: On the heels of ABC renewing its flagship comedy series Modern Family for a third season, the network is finalizing a deal to pick up a single-camera comedy pilot directed by the Modern Family pilot director Jason Winer. The 20th TV-produced project, tentatively titled Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23, was written/executive produced by American Dad executive producer Nahnatchka Khan and executive produced/supervised by former American Dad! writer-producer David Hemingson. It centers on an an earnest, honest, optimistic girl from the heartland who, due to circumstances beyond her control, is forced to move in with a sexy, unstable New York City party girl who has the morals of a pirate. Khan and Hemingson originally developed the project for Fox 2 seasons ago. Now, it is finding a second life at ABC with a pilot order and Winer as director. Bitch marks the first pilot directing gig for Winer since Modern Family, also for ABC/20th TV, which earned him an Emmy and an DGA nomination. Winer, who also served as director/co-executive producer on the first season of Family, is bring along Family producer Jeff Morton who will serve as a producer on Bitch. For Khan, the project is in second position to Connected, a single-camera comedy she has in contention at Fox. Additionally, she has comedy Dealbreaker under consideration at ABC.
ABC Orders Dave Hemingson/Nahnatchka Khan Comedy Pilot; Jason Winer To Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign