For the past few months, HBO has been talking to Aaron Sorkin about his long-gestating drama set behind the scenes at a nightly cable news show. However, with him busy on the awards circuit with his latest film, The Social Network, negotiations have been going slowly as have been Sorkin’s rewrites. But he has been doing so many press interviews that he recently let the news slip. There is no deal in place but when all is set and done, something expected to happen after the Academy Awards, Sorkin’s project is on track to get a pilot order by HBO. Sorkin has been raking in accolades for his Social Network script and is considered a front-runner for the adapted screenplay Oscar. (The Academy Awards nominations are being announced on Tuesday.) If that happens, he would follow the career trajectory of Alan Ball, who also went on to create an HBO drama series, Six Feet Under, right after winning a writing Oscar for American Beauty. Sorkin’s previous series include Sports Night, The West Wing and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
Aaron Sorkin's Cable News Network Project Awaits Greenlight At HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…