Getting promoted from assistant to deal maker is itself an unforgettable day in the life of an assistant. The partners at Principato-Young ratcheted up the grandeur last Friday for newly minted managers Pete Dealbert and Meghan Moeller. Principato partners Allen Fischer and Paul Young tell me they gathered the entire assistant staff into a conference room, ostensibly to discuss the important issue of new chairs for expansion to the ninth floor at their 9465 Wilshire Blvd headquarters. While they closed the blinds to view chair choices on a monitor, partner Brian Dobbins hung an 18-foot banner off the roof of the building across the street. Filmmaker client Zack Pearlman rushed in to ask if they’d seen the commotion across the street. When the blinds were opened, Dealbert (1.5 years and Susan Solomon’s assistant) and Moeller (a 3.5 year vet and Peter Principato’s assistant) realized their coffee pouring days were over. The promotions swell the roster of Principato-Young managers to 16.
A Banner Day For Two Former Assistants
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji’: How Director Jake Kasdan & Producer Matt Tolmach Are Changing The Game Of The Classic Book…
- Universal Sets Doctor Dolittle Film With Robert Downey Jr. For 2019
- Sony CinemaCon Presentation: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dark Tower’, ‘Emoji Movie’ & More…
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place’…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’