Getting promoted from assistant to deal maker is itself an unforgettable day in the life of an assistant. The partners at Principato-Young ratcheted up the grandeur last Friday for newly minted managers Pete Dealbert and Meghan Moeller. Principato partners Allen Fischer and Paul Young tell me they gathered the entire assistant staff into a conference room, ostensibly to discuss the important issue of new chairs for expansion to the ninth floor at their 9465 Wilshire Blvd headquarters. While they closed the blinds to view chair choices on a monitor, partner Brian Dobbins hung an 18-foot banner off the roof of the building across the street. Filmmaker client Zack Pearlman rushed in to ask if they’d seen the commotion across the street. When the blinds were opened, Dealbert (1.5 years and Susan Solomon’s assistant) and Moeller (a 3.5 year vet and Peter Principato’s assistant) realized their coffee pouring days were over. The promotions swell the roster of Principato-Young managers to 16.
A Banner Day For Two Former Assistants
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On 'Birdman,' Sony PR Tsuris, Mike Nichols And Bill Cosby
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award