EXCLUSIVE: Media Rights Capital is negotiating to acquire Die in a Gunfight, a script by fresh-from-NYU scribes Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari that has Zac Efron attached to play a fight-prone and death-obsessed young society man who pursues a romance with the daughter of his father’s enemy. The film will be produced by Mark Gordon Co’s Mark Gordon and Jennifer Todd, with Efron and Jason Barrett executive producers through Efron’s Ninjas Runnin’ Wild banner. Allyson Seeger and Jason Young will be co-producers. The writers are repped by WME and Prolific while Efron’s CAA and Alchemy.
Zac Efron Drama 'Die In A Gunfight' To MRC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter