EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just heard that Harvey Weinstein has succeeded in selling the spinoff Project Runway: Accessories to The Weinstein Co’s hit TV fashion contest show on Lifetime. Exactly how this will work remains to be seen: making jewelry or hats sounds easy. But constructing handbags or cobbling shoes? This I gotta see. To date, Project Runway has been a worldwide hit, airing in many overseas countries. It also has spawned several indirect spinoffs, like Tim Gunn’s Guide To Style, Models On The Runway, and On The Road With Austin And Santino, but those have only lasted one season each. Meanwhile, Project Runway already sells the “Project Runway Accessories Design Challenge Sketchbook Set”. The original show premiered on Bravo as a sleeper hit its first season on December 1, 2004 and even received an Emmy nomination for outstanding competitive reality series. Then Harvey Weinstein gave Bravo the heave-ho and signed a 5-year deal to relocate the show to Lifetime Television beginning with Season 6. In response, NBC Universal filed a lawsuit to stop the move, delaying the show’s debut, and eventually the two sides settled. Not long after, NBCU became one of the owners of joint venture A&E Television Networks (along with Hearst Corporation and Disney-ABC Television Group) which owns Lifetime.
Weinsteins Sell 'Project Runway Accessories'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest TV News
- PHOTOS: Gordon Ramsay Hosts Exquisite “For Your Children” Event In Support Of ‘MasterChef Junior’
- ‘Glitch’ Season 2 Gets Netflix Premiere Date & Trailer For Paranormal Saga
- John Legend’s Get Lifted Signs First-Look Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- YouTube Taps Jon Wax As Head Of Drama, Angela Courtin Heads Originals Marketing
- ABC Nabs FBI Darkly Comedic Drama From Regina Corrado, Felicity Huffman & NBCU International Studios As Put Pilot
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Drama Series