AMC’s breakout hit The Walking Dead ended its 6-episode first-season run with another series high. More than 6 million viewers tuned in last night for the closer, eclipsing the previous series high of 5.6 million posted the previous Sunday. In 18-49, the finale averaged 4 million, also a new record and the highest ever for a basic cable drama series. With a series average of 3.5 million adults 18-49, The Walking Dead also has become the most watched drama series in basic cable history in the demo. The series, based on Robert Kirkman’s comics, has already been renewed for a second season.
The 'Walking Dead' Finale Draws 6 Million
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate