Here’s a first. While studios choose different venues to launch movie trailers online, Universal’s teaser trailer for Fast Five will make its debut on the Facebook page of the film’s star, Vin Diesel. Diesel has developed a following of about 20 million fans, putting him in the top five celebrities who have sites. After Diesel posts the teaser on http://www.facebook.com/VinDiesel, other cast members who have active social media platforms–including Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson–will post their teaser on their sites. I will probably pull it off Youtube. It will be up within the hour.
Facebook Gets Vin Diesel 'Fast Five' Trailer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Universal Reuniting Matt Damon & Paul Greengrass For Another Jason Bourne Film
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border