EXCLUSIVE: The MPAA has overturned the NC-17 rating on the Derek Cianfrance-directed Blue Valentine. The film will be given an R rating after Harvey Weinstein personally argued his position in today’s hearing. That clears up all kinds of potential problems that awaited the film had it been released with that rating or unrated. The rating was given for a sex scene between a married couple played by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams as their relationship disintegrates. I’m told the appeal board’s decision was unanimous.
Urgent! MPAA Appeal Overturns NC-17 On 'Blue Valentine'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jessica Chastain Sitting Bull Painter Pic ‘Woman Walks Ahead’ Snapped Up By A24 & DirecTV
- APA Investigating Agent As Two Men Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations
- Ex-Deputy L.A. Film Czar Appointed To New AFCI Position Of President
- Viacom Has Running Room With Ratings Uptick, Charter Carriage Deal–UBS Analyst
- The Deadline Podcast: “What Is A Movie?”, With Guest Robert Evans
- Naomi Watts To Star In Psychological Thriller ‘The Wolf Hour’