EXCLUSIVE: The MPAA has overturned the NC-17 rating on the Derek Cianfrance-directed Blue Valentine. The film will be given an R rating after Harvey Weinstein personally argued his position in today’s hearing. That clears up all kinds of potential problems that awaited the film had it been released with that rating or unrated. The rating was given for a sex scene between a married couple played by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams as their relationship disintegrates. I’m told the appeal board’s decision was unanimous.
Urgent! MPAA Appeal Overturns NC-17 On 'Blue Valentine'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- How ‘Jonathan’ Caught Ansel Elgort’s Attention – Tribeca Studio
- Sony Pictures Makes Deal With Halsey For Movie Inspired By Singer’s Life
- Dennis Haysbert Joins Faith-Based ‘Breakthrough’ At Fox 2000
- ReachMe TV Seals Deal To Add Tribeca Film Festival Short Films
- Guy Pearce Stars & Imperative’s Dan Friedkin Directs ‘Lyrebird’, About Art Forger Whose Paintings…
- Cher Caps Off Universal Session With An ABBA Performance – CinemaCon