EXCLUSIVE: The MPAA has overturned the NC-17 rating on the Derek Cianfrance-directed Blue Valentine. The film will be given an R rating after Harvey Weinstein personally argued his position in today’s hearing. That clears up all kinds of potential problems that awaited the film had it been released with that rating or unrated. The rating was given for a sex scene between a married couple played by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams as their relationship disintegrates. I’m told the appeal board’s decision was unanimous.
Urgent! MPAA Appeal Overturns NC-17 On 'Blue Valentine'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- The Outliers Of 2016: Smaller Movies With Big Profits
- Aaron McCusker To Co-Star In Indie Film ‘Incoming’; Noah Galvin Joins ‘Assassination Nation’
- Netflix Sets First Animated Film ‘America’; Channing Tatum Voicing George Washington
- Lionsgate CinemaCon Reel: ‘American Assassin’, ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’, ‘Latin Lover…
- Bruce Willis Starrer ‘Acts Of Violence’ Adds Rotimi Akinosho
- Why Kumail Nanjiani & Emily Gordon Went With Amazon On Their New Film ‘The Big Sick’ – CinemaCon