EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment