EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
September B.O. Booming To Near All-Time $700M Record As 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' & 'Lego Ninjago' Enter Fall Fray
Latest TV News
- ‘Power’ Copyright Suit Unplugged; “No Significant Similarities” Says Judge
- Women’s Media Summit Calls For Boycott Of Movies That Snub Female Filmmakers
- ‘Gotham’ Casts Michael Maize; Daniel Cosgrove Joins ‘You’
- ‘Watchmen’ HBO Adaptation From Damon Lindelof Officially A Go With Pilot & Backup Script Order
- ‘Narcos’ Star Matias Varela Inks With ICM Partners
- 'The Last Ship’: Troy Doherty & Leo Oliva To Recur In Season 5