EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
Latest TV News
- Charlie Rose Fired By CBS News Over Sexual Harassment Claims
- NBC Developing Legal Drama ‘J.S.I.D.’ From Adam Mazer, Craig Borten & Original Film
- ‘Ink Master: Angels’ Renewed For Season 2 By Paramount Network
- ‘Quantico’: Alan Powell Cast As Series Regular For Season 3
- Eva Longoria Producing ‘Grand Hotel’ Soapy Drama Based On Spanish Format In Works At ABC
- ‘City On A Hill’: Mark O’Brien Cast As Series Regular In Showtime Drama Pilot