EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Fact-Checks Donald Trump Tweet Slamming Washington Post
- CAA Signs Oscar- & Emmy-Winning Writer-Director Aaron Sorkin
- ‘Broadchurch’ Final-Season Review: Olivia Colman & David Tennant Exit With Grace
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat
- ‘Gypsy’ Review: Naomi Watts’ Talents Wasted In Derivative Netflix Drama
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Series Finale Ratings Rise Over 2016, Dominates Social Media