EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest TV News
- James Tupper & Anne Heche To Topline Post-Apocalyptic Series ‘Aftermath’
- Jeff Zucker Talks Up Video Network Great Big Story As CNN’s Phone Home: Newfront
- Katie Couric Joins Lifetime’s Flint Water Crisis Movie As Executive Producer
- MTV Taps Jacqueline Parkes As Head Of Marketing, Eli Lehrer To Run MTV2
- Adam Bernstein To Direct ‘The Mist’ On Spike
- Nikki Toscano Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV, Joins ’24: Legacy’