EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ Fall Finale: Creator Dan Fogelman On Life-and-Death Cliffhanger & What’s Next
- Donald Trump Delivers Villain-Free Victory Tour Speech In North Carolina, Confounding Media
- Joe Biden Tells Stephen Colbert He Will Be In Better Shape In 2020 Than Donald Trump Is Now
- ‘Hairspray Live!’ Brings NBC Holiday Musicals To Hollywood As Bob Greenblatt And Zadan/Meron Plot For More
- The Weather Channel To Breitbart: Chill On The Climate Change Denials
- Sony Pictures TV Names 2016 Diverse Directors Program Finalists