EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global, Busts China Records; 'Dragonball' Big In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- ABC World News Tonight Takes Third Week In Evening News Ratings
- UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Calls For BBC License Fee To Be Cut By Two-Thirds
- Sky Earnings, Subscribers Up As UK And Germany Drive Growth
- At Panel Screening, Cast And Creators Talk ‘The Walking Dead’ Deaths, Lack Of The Word “Zombie”
- ‘Full House’ Return A Go On Netflix, John Stamos Tells Jimmy Kimmel
- ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Renewed For Season 4 By Comedy Central