EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Andreeva
- Fox Boston Affiliate Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS Over Carriage Dispute With Cox
- Plan For Imposing Quota On Hollywood Movies Scrapped By Russian Parliament
- CBS Sets 2015 Greatest Super Bowl Commercials Special
- 'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' Surges, 'Red Band Society' Hits 0.7 Rating Wednesday
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes
- Networks Scale Back, Bet On Remakes & Medical Dramas This Development Season