EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
John Skipper Resigns As ESPN President; Admits Substance Abuse Problem; George Bodenheimer New Acting Chairman
Latest TV News
- Geoffrey C. Ward, Ken Burns’ Write-Hand Man, To Receive WGA East Career Honor
- Showtime Sets Premiere Date For Animated ‘Our Cartoon President’ From Stephen Colbert: Watch The Trailer
- Casting Society Issues Open Call To Performers With Disabilities
- TNT Acquires Off-Network Rights To CBS’ ‘NCIS: New Orleans’
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall ’18 Broadcast Syndication Launch
- Amazon Passes On All 3 Pilots From Fall 2017 Pilot Season: ‘Sea Oak’, ‘Love You More’ & ‘The Climb…