EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32M To $33M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps To $13.2M; 'Where I Leave You' No. 3
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Eva Longoria To Produce Texas Political Drama For ABC With Conde Nast