EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- iHeartRadio Music, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Top Week’s Twitter TV Ratings
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Enlists Arthur Darvill To Play Rip Hunter
- Nickelodeon Hires SVP To Boost Preschool Division Following Layoffs
- ‘Nightly News’ Wee-Hours Eyeballs Poked Out Of Nielsen Ratings
- Emmanuelle Vaugier Joins ABC’s ‘Mistresses'; Japheth Gordon & Joey Pollari Cast In ‘Take It From Us…