EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Latest TV News
- Viacom Reveals It Paid Bob Bakish $20.3M In 2017; Ken Lerer Exiting Its Board
- CNN Boss Jeff Zucker Has Had Talks With Disney About Running ESPN
- Disney Taps Former Apple Exec To Lead Its New Streaming Service Push
- ‘The Kominsky Method’: Sarah Baker Joins Netflix Comedy As Series Regular, Seven More Cast
- ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller Struts Out Of Jail With Early Release
- Reality TV Crew Arrested At Airport With Phony Bomb-Looking Device Wanted To Film Reaction