EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Talks ‘Cocaine Godmother’ & True Ambition – Mipcom
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- NBCU And Snap Inc. Launch Digital Studio With Lauren Anderson Heading Content
- Jimmy Kimmel Returns To Brooklyn, Vowing To Be “As Artisanal As It Gets”
- Trevor Noah Probes Chicago Murder Rate To Kick Off ‘The Daily Show’ Windy City Week
- Univision Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS In Carriage Dispute