EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- CNN Gun Violence Town Hall Trounces Competition In Early Tally
- ‘Killing Eve’: First Trailer For BBC America Drama Starring Sandra Oh & Jodie Comer
- ‘Safe Harbor’: Josh Randall & Vanessa Vasquez Cast In ABC Drama Pilot
- ‘Harry & Meghan’: Lifetime’s ‘A Royal Romance’ Casts Its Prince William…
- Tiffany Haddish Set To Host 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards
- ‘The Flash’: Candice Patton Suits Up As Superhero For The First Time