EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens' Propagate Launches International Distribution Unit Headed By Cyrus Farrokh
Latest TV News
- Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens’ Propagate Launches International Distribution Unit Headed By Cyrus Farrokh
- Donald Trump Trying To De-legitimize CNN, Jake Tapper Tells Seth Meyers
- Judd Apatow On Why He Won’t Do A Broadcast Show, ‘Freaks & Geeks’ Reboot
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- ‘Furniss’ Drama From Kyle Killen & Macon Blair In Series Consideration At AMC
- CNN Defends Jim Acosta Again As Trump Press Conference Fallout Continues