EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Millennium's Avi Lerner Rips Into Keanu Reeves For Walking Away From Movie 'The Detail'; Reeves' Lawyer Disputes
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’ Review: Kathy Bates & Chuck Lorre Sitcom May Be Funny if You’re High
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Shannon Purser On Honing Her Screen Acting Skills With First Television Project
- 'The Opposition With Jordan Klepper': Quintet Tapped As Correspondents For ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff
- CBS Wants ‘Judge Judy’ Profits Suit Trimmed Before 2018 Trial; Judge Judy Brags About Strong-Arming CBS
- ‘The Night Of’s Bill Camp On Series’ End: “I Don’t Think He Did It” – Emmys
- ‘SEAL Team’: Michael Irby, Jay Hayden, Alona Tal Set To Recur In CBS Drama Series