EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
As 'Inferno' Crosses $100M Overseas, Ron Howard Movie Hopes To Light Fire Stateside - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Lady Gaga Debuts Carpool Karaoke On James Corden’s ‘Late Late Show’
- Newt Gingrich Dismisses Megyn Kelly As “Fascinated With Sex” During Wacky Donald Trump Talk
- Lady Gaga Makes “Surprise” Visit To James Corden’s ‘Late Late Show’ To Debut New…
- Will Ferrell Visits ‘@Midnight’ As George W. Bush To Offer Donald Trump A Truck Ride – Update
- ‘The Punisher’ Recruits Paul Schulze, Others For Netflix’s New Marvel Series
- Donald Trump-ian 'Law & Order: SVU' Episode Gets Post-Election Airdate