EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Tyler Labine To Co-Star In ‘Hannah Royce’s Questionable Choices’ CBS Pilot
- Endemol Shine North America Names Marisa Hammonds SVP Digital, Marketing & Research
- ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ EP Chris Silber Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- ‘Power Rangers’ TV Actor Sentenced To Prison For Killing Roommate
- ‘Lost In Space’: Raza Jaffrey Set To Recur In Netflix Series Remake
- Adam Schiff Questions “Cloak And Dagger Stuff” When NYT Reports Team Trump Helped Get Info To Devin Nunes