EXCLUSIVE: Following the casting of Lost alum Jorge Garcia in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz, Abrams has recruited two more actors who have appeared on his previous series – Jonny Coyne and Jason Butler Harner – for the pilot. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Coyne, who did a two-episode arc on Abrams’ NBC drama Undercovers this fall, will play the lead role of Alcatraz Warden Edwin James. Harner, who guest starred in the pilot for Abrams’ Fringe, will play the supporting role of Associate Warden E.B. Tiller who enjoys and abuses his power. The two join previously cast Garcia and Sarah Jones, who will play the female lead. Stage and film/TV actor Butler, repped by ICM and ATA Management, will next be seen in the indie Letters From the Big Man, which is expected to premiere at Sundance.
Two More Board J.J. Abrams' Pilot 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
Latest TV News
- BBC Backs Bansky Doc; Sundance London; BBC One Lines Up Saturday Night Format – Global Briefs
- Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama ‘Victoria’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”