EXCLUSIVE: Are these one-sheets for two DreamWorks Studios movies too similar? I’m told that Cowboys And Aliens director Jon Favreau thinks so. And this morning Universal and DreamWorks even had a talk about it. So look above at the teaser one-sheets for Cowboys & Aliens about aliens on earth for Universal/DreamWorks for release July 2011, and I Am Number Four about aliens on earth for Disney/DreamWorks for release February 2011. An insider emails me: “Cowboys & Aliens finished their one-sheet designed by Universal and approved by everyone, including DreamWorks. A month later, DreamWorks posts their new poster for I Am Number Four. Jon Favreau went nuts at DreamWorks.” Interestingly, an exec at DreamWorks just told me there will be a 2nd “look” debuted soon (see one-sheet to the right) “that will make up the bulk of the campaign. And we don’t think audiences will have any difficulty distinguishing between the two.”
Two DreamWorks One-Sheets Too Similar?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…