After weeks of speculation, Syfy just announced that it won’t renew Stargate Universe for a third season, putting an end (for now) to the long-running Stargate franchise on the network. The upcoming 10 episodes of Stargate Universe‘s second season, which will air in the spring, will be the series’ last. The news follows the recent cancellation of another franchise Syfy series, the Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica. The Stargate franchise — consisting of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe — has aired on Syfy since 2002. Syfy’s slate of returning series includes Warehouse 13, Eureka and Haven, which will be joined next year by new series Being Human, which launches on January 17, the recently greenlit series Alphas as well the Battlestar Galactica prequel movie/backdoor pilot Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome. Stargate Universe has recently averaged a 0.5 in 18-49, below the averages for the Syfy series that have been renewed.
Official: Syfy Cancels 'Stargate Universe'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest TV News
- James Corden Addresses Attack At Ariana Grande Concert In Manchester
- ‘Chicago Justice’ Canceled By NBC After One Season
- ‘Jane the Virgin’: EP Jennie Snyder Urman On Finale Twists & “Joyful” Season 4
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Fans Streamed To Showtime To Break Signup Record
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Promo Features ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter…
- TV Watchdog Group Calls On Fox To Resuscitate ‘Last Man Standing’ And Bury ‘The Mick’ In “Win-Win”…