After weeks of speculation, Syfy just announced that it won’t renew Stargate Universe for a third season, putting an end (for now) to the long-running Stargate franchise on the network. The upcoming 10 episodes of Stargate Universe‘s second season, which will air in the spring, will be the series’ last. The news follows the recent cancellation of another franchise Syfy series, the Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica. The Stargate franchise — consisting of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe — has aired on Syfy since 2002. Syfy’s slate of returning series includes Warehouse 13, Eureka and Haven, which will be joined next year by new series Being Human, which launches on January 17, the recently greenlit series Alphas as well the Battlestar Galactica prequel movie/backdoor pilot Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome. Stargate Universe has recently averaged a 0.5 in 18-49, below the averages for the Syfy series that have been renewed.
Official: Syfy Cancels 'Stargate Universe'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare