The 2011 Sundance Film Festival has added another world premiere. Silent House, a thriller by Chris Kentis and Laura Lau will debut out of competition in the Midnight section. It’s a return to the festival for the filmmakers, who brought Open Water to the festival in 2004 and watched it become a sleeper success. The new film is described as a descent into madness, based on the Uruguayan film La Casa Muda. It stars Elizabeth Olsen. There are now a total of 118 feature films slated for the Park City festival.
Sundance Welcomes Back 'Open Water' Duo With Late Addition 'Silent House'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- STXfilms Buys Amy Schumer Pic ‘I Feel Pretty’: Cannes
- M. Night Shyamalan On Rediscovering His Groove With Micro-Budget Blockbusters — Deadline Disruptors
- Universal Wins ‘Salt To The Sea’ Auction: Neustadter & Weber To Write
- Peter Bart: Studios Bust Budgets Of Horror Genre, Hoping Monsters Will Be Monster Hits
- Disney’s Bob Iger On ‘Pirates’ Ransom Demand: “To Our Knowledge We Were Not Hacked”
- Lionsgate Q4 Beats Street With Higher Earnings & Revenue