EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that “everybody’s interested” in a new pitch that just went out to Hollywood studios for Jay Roach to direct Zach Galifianakis and Will Ferrell in a political comedy about 2 candidates timed to 2012’s U.S. presidential election. (To make it more realistic, one of those candidates should be a woman since Sarah Palin or Hillary Clinton could be running…) Remember that Roach has experience in this genre; he replaced Sydney Pollack as the director of HBO’s 2008 Emmy-winning dramedy Recount about the 2000 Bush vs Gore election.
Studios Pitched Zach Galifianakis/Will Ferrell/Jay Roach 2012 Political Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…