I have a response to that Washington Post report claiming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s transition to minority leader is being aided behind the scenes by Steven Spielberg. The paper makes it sounds as though Spielberg will become a veritable House Whisperer, helping “rebrand” Democrats in Congress. But when I reached out to Spielberg’s longtime publicist Marvin Levy, he wrote me back: “Today’s story regarding Nancy Pelosi made a reference to Steven Spielberg that requires a response. I can say as a long-time spokesman for Steven that he has made it his career to direct actors, not political figures.”
Spielberg “House Whisperer” For Democrats?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter
- Jeremy Lovering To Helm Sony Horror Pic 'The Bringing,' Inspired By Cecil Hotel