Last night, NBC’s Saturday Night Live earned its highest meter-market overnight rating (5.3/13) since the late-night sketch show’s season premiere. Last night’s holiday edition of SNL, hosted by Paul Rudd with musical guest Paul McCartney, was up slightly, by 4%, vs. the same night last year. The two Pauls had about equal presence on the show, with McCartney popping up in a number of segments in addition to performing several songs, including a heartfelt salute to John Lennon days after the 30th anniversary of his death. Here is Rudd’s opening monologue that also featured McCartney:
Solid Ratings For Paul Rudd/Paul McCartney On 'Saturday Night Live'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'