Storage Unit auctions is turning to be the hottest new area in reality television. On the heels of Spike renewing its freshman Auction Hunters with a 20-episode order, the largest ever for a second season on the network, A&E’s Storage Wars, executive produced by Thom Beers, posted the network’s best premiere numbers for an unscripted series this year. The series averaged 2 million viewers for its hourlong premiere last night, 1.2 million of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. (Auction Hunters debuted earlier this month with 1.1 million total viewers.)
Solid Debut For A&E's 'Storage Wars'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates