Storage Unit auctions is turning to be the hottest new area in reality television. On the heels of Spike renewing its freshman Auction Hunters with a 20-episode order, the largest ever for a second season on the network, A&E’s Storage Wars, executive produced by Thom Beers, posted the network’s best premiere numbers for an unscripted series this year. The series averaged 2 million viewers for its hourlong premiere last night, 1.2 million of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. (Auction Hunters debuted earlier this month with 1.1 million total viewers.)
Solid Debut For A&E's 'Storage Wars'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot