Ellis Watson joined Simon Cowell’s Syco production company only in March and already he’s leaving amid reports that it’s because of Cowell’s reputation as a hands-on manager. “The idea that Simon has been micro-managing is bollocks,” Watson tells me. “We’ve got on bloody beautifully.” Instead, Watson is saying the usual tripe about exiting for family reasons. When Watson got the job, some wondered if Cowell, much as he may have liked the idea of someone else running the company, could ultimately bring himself to let somebody do it. Sony Music Entertainment, which co-owns Syco, is not looking to replace Watson at present.
Simon Cowell’s CEO Quits After 10 Months
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed