Ellis Watson joined Simon Cowell’s Syco production company only in March and already he’s leaving amid reports that it’s because of Cowell’s reputation as a hands-on manager. “The idea that Simon has been micro-managing is bollocks,” Watson tells me. “We’ve got on bloody beautifully.” Instead, Watson is saying the usual tripe about exiting for family reasons. When Watson got the job, some wondered if Cowell, much as he may have liked the idea of someone else running the company, could ultimately bring himself to let somebody do it. Sony Music Entertainment, which co-owns Syco, is not looking to replace Watson at present.
Simon Cowell’s CEO Quits After 10 Months
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'