I’m not sure what the fuss is about. Sarah Greenberg Roberts was Lionsgate’s longtime PR-woman overseeing corporate publicity as well as theatrical and home entertainment campaigns before she was given the marketing co-president title even though Tim Palen has always performed that role. Roberts, who recently had a baby, married a New Yorker and left LA to be with him. Her departure was not unexpected because the studio wants the position based here. Lionsgate doesn’t need to make its next move in this arena until March-April, an insider tells me, so will “use the moment” to decide whether to bring in someone “super senior”. As for Roberts, I’ve always liked her and I wish her well. Rubenstein PR has been handling Lionsgate’s flackery in her absence.
Sarah Greenberg Roberts Leaves Lionsgate
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?