EXCLUSIVE: Sam Neill is set to star opposite Sarah Jones in the J.J. Abrams-produced Fox pilot Alcatraz. The drama project, from Warner Bros. TV, Abrams’ Bad Robot and executive producer/showrunner Liz Sarnoff, chronicles the efforts of a cop (Jones) and team of FBI agents tracking down a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners and guards who reappear in the present day. Neill will play Emerson Hauser, the head of a government agency who radiates authority and piercing intelligence. In addition to Jones, Neill joins previously cast Lost alum Jorge Garcia and Jonny Coyne, who also play lead roles, and Jason Butler Harner, who is supporting. WME-repped Neill co-starred on the ABC drama Happy Town last season. On the feature side, he recently wrapped The Vow and is finishing up The Hunter.
Sam Neill To Star In J.J. Abrams' 'Alcatraz'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Latest TV News
- Gina Rodriguez And David Thewlis Join Pubescent Animated Comedy ‘Big Mouth’
- Inspiring Dave Annable Post Sheds Light On Agony Of Network Series Recastings
- ‘LA To Vegas’ Comedy Series Canceled By Fox After One Season
- Writer-Director Antonio Campos Signs With WME
- ‘The Expanse’: Amazon In Talks To Pick Up Space Series After Syfy Cancellation
- Felicity Huffman Takes On A New Role: Girl Boss