Younger viewers got into the Christmas spirit last night, with ABC’s rebroadcast of the Jim Carrey-starring Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2.1/7 in 18-49, 6.6 million viewers) ranking as the highest-rated program on Thursday night in adults 18-49 by a mile. With the Grinch movie from 8:30-11PM and companion, the animated special by the same name at from 8-8:30 PM, ABC (2.0/7 in 18-49, 6.5 million) finished as No.1 for the night in 18-49. (ABC and CBS’ fast nationals may have gotten a little boost from NFL pre-emptions in in Charlotte and Pittsburgh, respectively.) Fox aired a two-hour Million Dollar Money Drop (1.5/5, 4.9 million), which dropped another tenth on its fourth night. Fox finished tied for second place in 18-49 with CBS (1.5/5, 8.1 million) which aired all reruns led by The Big Bang Theory (1.9/7, 8.4 million) in the demo and The Mentalist (1.5/5, 8.9 million) in total viewers. The Mentalist also ranked as the most watched program of the night and CBS as the most watched network. After some ratings heroics in the past week, including winning Wednesday night in 18-49, Spanish-language broadcaster Univision finished fourth last night with a 1.0 demo rating. NBC (0.9/3, 2.5 million) was fifth with all-comedy reruns.
Ratings Rat Race: 'Grinch' Win For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- After Merger, SAG-AFTRA Constitution Dropped "Sexual Harassment" As Specific Cause For Expelling Members
- Blair Brown On Uma Thurman, Queen Lear – And The Mystery Of ‘Molly Dodd’
- Rob Lowe Stars In ‘The Bad Seed’ Remake With A Gender Switch Eyed By Lifetime
- Carter Page: Al Franken Gropes Preferable To “Groundless Witch Hunt”