Younger viewers got into the Christmas spirit last night, with ABC’s rebroadcast of the Jim Carrey-starring Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2.1/7 in 18-49, 6.6 million viewers) ranking as the highest-rated program on Thursday night in adults 18-49 by a mile. With the Grinch movie from 8:30-11PM and companion, the animated special by the same name at from 8-8:30 PM, ABC (2.0/7 in 18-49, 6.5 million) finished as No.1 for the night in 18-49. (ABC and CBS’ fast nationals may have gotten a little boost from NFL pre-emptions in in Charlotte and Pittsburgh, respectively.) Fox aired a two-hour Million Dollar Money Drop (1.5/5, 4.9 million), which dropped another tenth on its fourth night. Fox finished tied for second place in 18-49 with CBS (1.5/5, 8.1 million) which aired all reruns led by The Big Bang Theory (1.9/7, 8.4 million) in the demo and The Mentalist (1.5/5, 8.9 million) in total viewers. The Mentalist also ranked as the most watched program of the night and CBS as the most watched network. After some ratings heroics in the past week, including winning Wednesday night in 18-49, Spanish-language broadcaster Univision finished fourth last night with a 1.0 demo rating. NBC (0.9/3, 2.5 million) was fifth with all-comedy reruns.
Ratings Rat Race: 'Grinch' Win For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update