Actor Steve Landesberg died Friday of cancer. While Landesberg had a long career as a stand up comic and most recently appeared in the films Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Wild Hogs, he’s best known for playing Det. Arthur Dietrich on the cop sitcom Barney Miller, which ran on ABC from 1975-82. He was nominated for Emmys several times for a character that put his deadpan wit to full advantage. Landesberg passed away in New York. He is survived by his wife Nancy and his daughter.
R.I.P. Steve Landesberg
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Seth Grahame-Smith Bolts From WB’s ‘The Flash’; Search On For New Director
- ‘Maze Runner’ Sequel Production Shut Down Indefinitely For Dylan O’Brien Recovery – Update
- Sierra/Affinity Boards Andrew Niccol’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Anon’ – Cannes
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services