Actor Steve Landesberg died Friday of cancer. While Landesberg had a long career as a stand up comic and most recently appeared in the films Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Wild Hogs, he’s best known for playing Det. Arthur Dietrich on the cop sitcom Barney Miller, which ran on ABC from 1975-82. He was nominated for Emmys several times for a character that put his deadpan wit to full advantage. Landesberg passed away in New York. He is survived by his wife Nancy and his daughter.
R.I.P. Steve Landesberg
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike