Actor Steve Landesberg died Friday of cancer. While Landesberg had a long career as a stand up comic and most recently appeared in the films Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Wild Hogs, he’s best known for playing Det. Arthur Dietrich on the cop sitcom Barney Miller, which ran on ABC from 1975-82. He was nominated for Emmys several times for a character that put his deadpan wit to full advantage. Landesberg passed away in New York. He is survived by his wife Nancy and his daughter.
R.I.P. Steve Landesberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount