Just a reminder that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences officially mails out its nominations ballots today to 5,755 voters for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards. Those ballots have to be returned to PricewaterhouseCoopers when the polls close on January 14th at 5 PM PT. Ballots received after that deadline will not be counted. That’s so the Academy can announce its nominations live on January 25th and then telecast the Oscars live on February 27th. Nomination and final Awards ballots are tabulated by PricewaterhouseCoopers to ensure that all aspects of the balloting process are conducted with fairness and accuracy. Prior to mailing, the PricewaterhouseCoopers staff administers a thorough verification process to ensure that there are no duplicate ballots and that none are missing. In addition to being counted and sorted, the ballots are numbered to guarantee that each one is addressed to the appropriate Academy voter.
Oscar Nominations Ballots Mailing Today
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Awardsline News
- The Very Best Version Of A Mother That She Can Be: Laurie Metcalf On Bringing The Tough Love To ‘Lady Bird’
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema
- Hans Zimmer Set Out After Complete Fusion Of Sound And Image With ‘Dunkirk’
- Oscar Week 2018 Parties & Events: The List
- Oscars: History Is Made Several Times Over In The Best Documentary Feature Race
- Tiffany Haddish Set To Host 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards