After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- ‘Assassination Nation’ Stars Discuss Timely Story About Female Rage In The Internet Age — Sundance Studio
- Paul Dano Brings Carey Mulligan To Sundance With His Directorial Debut ‘Wildlife’ – Sundance Studio
- Starz Pays $5M License Fee For Participant Media Series ‘America To Me’ By ‘Hoop Dreams’ Steve James…
- Spike Lee On Hollywood Skullduggery, ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Season 2 & Sundance
- Sebastián Hofmann Shares Childhood Experiences That Inspired ‘Time Share’ — Sundance Studio
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question