After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- Cannes Film Festival Moves Dates For 2018
- Grasshopper Acquires Sundance Doc ‘Did You Wonder Who Fired The Gun?’
- ZDF Enterprises Pre-emptively Purchases Thornton Brothers Pitch ‘The Incorruptibles’
- In Hollywood, Few Female Stunt Performers Are Allowed To Drive
- Ashley Hamilton To Helm ‘Gothic Harvest’; UTA Inks Jason Kohn; Comedy Dynamics Nabs Two Titles…
- Tig Notaro To Host Artios Awards; Nicole Kidman To Present Award To Kevin Huvane