After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin's Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
Latest Film News
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With $33M+; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Friday Late…
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Nils Larsen Joins Management 360
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer & Author After Seeing Full Tape: Dog Was Not In Danger
- Common Joins Sundance Pic ‘Burning Sands’ As EP, Will Contribute Original Song
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: The Lull Before The Oscar Storm; Katzenberg Gets Nostalgic; Gosling Wows SAG Again…