After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Dascha Polanco Lands Female Lead In ‘iCreep’; Ingjerd Egeberg Joins ‘Downsizing’
- Gotham Group Acquires ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’, Underground Novel in Book Auction
- The Weinstein Company Hoards Overseas Rights To ‘The Nut Job 2’
- Miles Teller Boxing Pic ‘Bleed For This’ Set For November Bow
- Foresight Adds Talia Goldman As Director Of Operations & Distribution – Cannes
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat ‘Ultron’s $191M+ Debut – Box Office…