After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Julian Fellowes On The End Of 'Downton' And Its Future: "The Crawleys Would Still Be There" - AwardsLine
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Watchdog Group Chides Laika For “White-Washing” ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’
- ‘Birth Of A Nation’: AFI Axes Planned Screening & Nate Parker Q&A
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits
- AFI Faculty Calls For Dean’s Firing
- Alex Meneses Inks With Untitled; Verne Troyer Teams With Studio71
- DreamWorks Animation’s ‘Croods 2’ Gets Rewrite With Hageman Brothers