After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday - UPDATE
Latest Film News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb From Listing Actors' Ages
- Bill Nunn Dies: ‘Do The Right Thing’ And ‘Spider-Man’ Trilogy Actor Was 62
- Antoine Fuqua On ‘Magnificent Seven,’ ‘Scarface’ And How One Black Director Made The A-List
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Roping $35.3M Opening; Stick A Fork In ‘Storks’ – Saturday AM B.O. Update
- Hot Spec Script ‘American Rebel’ Acquired By Amy Pascal
- Julia Roberts To Star In Feature Film About PTA Mom Framed For Drug Possession