After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case