After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
'Celebrity Big Brother': Omarosa Talks Campaigning For Hillary Clinton, Says She Would Have Been "Exceptional"
Latest Film News
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next? – Hammond…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List
- Armando Iannucci Still “Hopeful” Of ‘The Death Of Stalin’ Getting Russian Release