After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest Film News
- Danny Strong Hired To Script Walt Disney’s Remake Of ‘Oliver!’
- ‘Lucky’ Producers Tap Richard Kahan To Script New Feature Drama ‘Lifeline’
- ‘Itzhak’ Lands Greenwich Entertainment Deal, Gets March Release
- ‘Monsters And Men’ Sundance First Look: “Can’t You See What’s Happening Out There?”
- Robert Redford Slams Harvey Weinstein, Declares Hollywood “Tipping Point” At Sundance ’18 Opening Presser
- PGA Finalizes List Of Eligible Producers For Its TV & Docu Nominees – Update