After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest Film News
- Animation Is Film Festival Announces Full Slate
- Women’s Media Summit Calls For Boycott Of Movies That Snub Female Filmmakers
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Teases “Spicey” Set From Han Solo Film
- Bernie Casey Dies: ‘Revenge Of The Nerds And ‘I’m Gonna Git You Sucka’ Actor Was 78
- ‘Escape Plan 3’: Dave Bautista, Max Zhang & More Join Sylvester Stallone For Sequel — UPDATE
- If ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Brings A Movie Laugh, It Won’t Be A Minute Too Soon