After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Found Guilty In Sexual Assault Retrial, Lashes Out In Court After Verdict; Defense Plans Appeal - Update
'Suits' Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle's Exits, New Twist, Season 8 & Spinoff Details
'Mission: Impossible - Fallout': Tom Cruise Jumped Out Of Plane 106 Times For Skydive Stunt - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- STX Entertainment Files For Hong Kong Stock Exchange Listing
- ‘Diane’, ‘Island Of The Hungry Ghosts’, Alia Shawkat & Jeffrey Wright Among Tribeca Winners
- Tribeca Bow 'Disobedience' Hits Theaters; Claire Denis & Juliette Binoche 'Let The Sunshine In' – Specialty…
- Timur Bekmambetov Wants His $800,000 Before Weinstein’s ‘The Current War’ Is Auctioned In Bankruptcy
- Emmy Doc Contenders: ‘Seeing Allred’ Directors See Attorney Gloria Allred As Heroic, Misunderstood
- S.J. Clarkson To Helm Next ‘Star Trek’ For Paramount Pictures