After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest Film News
- Why ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Shipwrecked At The Domestic B.O. — Friday Night Update
- TWC Schedules ‘Paddington 2’ For Wide Release
- Paramount Nudges ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ To Later Release Date
- Which Festival Debuts In The South Of France Might Travel All The Way To Oscar? — Cannes
- Emma Booth Cast In Universal’s ‘Extinction’; Andy Buckley Horror Indie ‘All Light Will End’
- XYZ Films Spotlights Undiscovered International Talent — Deadline Disruptors