After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Fall To Low As Dolly Parton Movie Wins In Viewers; 'Arrow' Hits Season Highs With Mega-Crossover
'Supergirl'-'Flash'-'Arrow'-'Legends' Crossover Review: CW's Latest Team-Up Strongest & Most Ambitious Yet
Latest Film News
- Don Calfa Dies: ‘Return Of The Living Dead’ Actor Was 76
- Ellie Bamber & Justin Chon Head To ‘Taipei’
- Alibaba Pictures Senior Executive Detained By Chinese Authorities
- Natalie Portman Is First Lady in Oscar-Hopeful 'Jackie' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child’ Snatches Broadway’s Lyric Theatre
- Andrew Sachs Dies: ‘Fawlty Towers’ Star Was 86