After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…
- Oscars 2018: A Look At Contenders In The Best Animated Feature Race
- Josh Hartnett & Margarita Levieva To Star In Crime Thriller ‘Inherit The Viper’
- Costume Designer-Turned-Helmer Courtney Hoffman To Direct Feature From Her ‘The Good Time Girls’ Short
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- Mahershala Ali To Star In Anonymous Content’s A.J. Wolfe Crime Tale ‘Burn’