After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The 13th’ Trailer: Ava DuVernay Docu Tackles Institutionalized Racism & Mass Incarceration
- Hollywood Rallies Behind Producer Gordon Gray & Family With CAA Call-A-Thon
- Disney’s ‘Zootopia’ Jumps Into Clinton-Trump Debate As Oscar & Presidential Campaigns Start To Merge
- Lakeith Stanfield Joins Jim Strouse’s New Comedy With Jessica Williams
- France Selects Paul Verhoeven’s ‘Elle’ As Foreign Language Oscar Submission
- Greg Shapiro Joins IM Global As President Of Feature Film Production