After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’