After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Relativity Scores Rare Legal Win As Netflix Ordered To Pay Lawyer Fees
- ‘He Will Not Divide Us’: Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Relocates Overseas
- Emmy Winner Kyle Chandler Joins New Line’s ‘Game Night’
- Mike Epps Reteams With Bruce Willis As ‘Acts Of Violence’ Sets Cast
- Graphic Novel ‘The Pro’ Hooks Movie Deal At Paramount
- No. 15 ‘Hidden Figures’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament