Nu Image/Millennium has committed to a March start date for Playing the Field, the Gabriele Muccino-directed film that will star Gerard Butler. In the Robbie Fox-scripted comedy, Butler plays a retired world famous soccer star who tries to rebuild a relationship with his son and ex-wife by coaching his kid’s soccer team. While soccer is a hands-free sport, the mothers of the other kids can’t keep their hands off the coach, which imperils his plan. Jonathan Mostow, Kevin Misher, Heidi Jo Markel, Butler and Alan Siegel are producing. Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short and Avi Lerner are executive producers. The film was developed under the title Slide, when the protagonist was a baseball coach. Butler and Muccino came aboard after the script was switched to soccer, but it languished until the Nu Image/Millennium guys stepped up.
Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…