Fox will not be giving a back-nine order to crime procedural Lie to Me, whose current third season will consist of 13 episodes. Sources at the network stress that the show has not been canceled, with final decision expected to be made in the spring. The rationale for the order cutback is that Fox won’t need more episodes from the Tim Roth-starring series because, according to the network’s recently announced midseason schedule, Lie To Me is only slated to run through Jan. 31, with midseason drama The Chicago Code taking over its Monday 9 PM slot on Feb. 7. Last season, Fox ended up with 12 episodes of Lie to Me in the can after ordering 22 and only using the series for the fall. The network ended up airing those 12 episodes over the summer.
No Back 9 Order For Fox's 'Lie To Me'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
Latest TV News
- Luke Mitchell, Michelle Hurd Join ‘Blindspot’ Season 2 – Comic-Con
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Will End After Season 8, Kevin Williamson Returns – Comic-Con
- Aladdin & Jafar Headed To ‘Once Upon A Time’ – Comic-Con
- ‘SNL’s Cecily Strong To Guest Star On ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 – Comic-Con
- ‘Orphan Black’ Sneaks Tease Of Final Season 5 – Comic-Con
- Violence, Vodka & Season 4.2 Trailer At The ‘Vikings’ Panel – Comic-Con