CBS just announced that the upcoming 22nd season of Survivor, Survivor: Redemption Island, will premiere on February 16 in the series’ new Wednesday 8 PM time slot. The spring cycle of Survivor will feature a new twist, with castaways who have been eliminated from the game given an opportunity “to seek redemption and return for a chance to win the million dollar prize.” When a castaway is voted off, they will be sent to an isolated island called “Redemption Island,” where they will live alone until the next person eliminated comes and the two compete in a duel, with the loser being sent home. The winner earns the right to remain on the island and continue fighting for an opportunity to return to the game. Sunday’s finale of Survivor: Nicaragua, won by Jud “Fabio” Birza, improved CBS’ Wednesday 8 PM period by 83% each in viewers (13.4 million) and adults 18-49 (4.2). Survivor was also up +1% in viewers compared to its Thursday performance last season.
Next CBS 'Survivor' Gets Redemption Twist
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'