CBS just announced that the upcoming 22nd season of Survivor, Survivor: Redemption Island, will premiere on February 16 in the series’ new Wednesday 8 PM time slot. The spring cycle of Survivor will feature a new twist, with castaways who have been eliminated from the game given an opportunity “to seek redemption and return for a chance to win the million dollar prize.” When a castaway is voted off, they will be sent to an isolated island called “Redemption Island,” where they will live alone until the next person eliminated comes and the two compete in a duel, with the loser being sent home. The winner earns the right to remain on the island and continue fighting for an opportunity to return to the game. Sunday’s finale of Survivor: Nicaragua, won by Jud “Fabio” Birza, improved CBS’ Wednesday 8 PM period by 83% each in viewers (13.4 million) and adults 18-49 (4.2). Survivor was also up +1% in viewers compared to its Thursday performance last season.
Next CBS 'Survivor' Gets Redemption Twist
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest TV News
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Joe Biden Spot Pains CNN, Which Hoped He Would Headline Tonight’s Debate
- Lena Dunham 1960s Feminism Comedy Starring Lisa Joyce Gets HBO Pilot Order
- FX’s ‘Fargo’ Ratings Cold In Return On New Night Against NFL & ESPN
- Harry Connick Jr Syndicated Daytime Variety Show Set For Fall 2016 Launch On Fox Stations
- AMC Networks Shares Hit By ‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Drop, But Is It Overkill?