CBS just announced that the upcoming 22nd season of Survivor, Survivor: Redemption Island, will premiere on February 16 in the series’ new Wednesday 8 PM time slot. The spring cycle of Survivor will feature a new twist, with castaways who have been eliminated from the game given an opportunity “to seek redemption and return for a chance to win the million dollar prize.” When a castaway is voted off, they will be sent to an isolated island called “Redemption Island,” where they will live alone until the next person eliminated comes and the two compete in a duel, with the loser being sent home. The winner earns the right to remain on the island and continue fighting for an opportunity to return to the game. Sunday’s finale of Survivor: Nicaragua, won by Jud “Fabio” Birza, improved CBS’ Wednesday 8 PM period by 83% each in viewers (13.4 million) and adults 18-49 (4.2). Survivor was also up +1% in viewers compared to its Thursday performance last season.
Next CBS 'Survivor' Gets Redemption Twist
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD