CBS just announced that the upcoming 22nd season of Survivor, Survivor: Redemption Island, will premiere on February 16 in the series’ new Wednesday 8 PM time slot. The spring cycle of Survivor will feature a new twist, with castaways who have been eliminated from the game given an opportunity “to seek redemption and return for a chance to win the million dollar prize.” When a castaway is voted off, they will be sent to an isolated island called “Redemption Island,” where they will live alone until the next person eliminated comes and the two compete in a duel, with the loser being sent home. The winner earns the right to remain on the island and continue fighting for an opportunity to return to the game. Sunday’s finale of Survivor: Nicaragua, won by Jud “Fabio” Birza, improved CBS’ Wednesday 8 PM period by 83% each in viewers (13.4 million) and adults 18-49 (4.2). Survivor was also up +1% in viewers compared to its Thursday performance last season.
Next CBS 'Survivor' Gets Redemption Twist
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over