PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY 5PM: With The Sing-Off current second cycle doing so well, it’s not surprising that NBC wants to extend it. The network will expand the season finale of the a cappella singing competition next Monday by a half-hour. It will also use the finale to get sampling for new comedy Perfect Couples. A preview episode of the midseason series, which will not be the pilot, will immediately follow the Sing-Off finale at 10:30 PM. Perfect Couples will premiere in its regular Thursday 8:30 PM slot on Jan. 20, when NBC launches its new six-comedy Thursday lineup. NBC used a similar strategy for new fall drama Outlaw, which was previewed after the finale of summer reality hit America’s Got Talent in September. This past Monday, The Sing-Off set series highs with a 3.3/9 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers overall.
NBC To Expand 'Sing-Off' Finale And Use It To Preview New Comedy 'Perfect Couples'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Netflix Sets May Start For Wash Westmoreland's 'The Earthquake Bird'; Alicia Vikander, Riley Keough To Star
Latest TV News
- ‘The Terror’: AMC To Launch Entire First Season For Premiere Customers
- Rex Tillerson’s “Very Mean-Spirited Town” Exit Speech Goes Over Big In D.C.
- Weinstein Co. TV Exec Megan Spanjian Moves To UTA
- AT&T And Government Trade Opening Salvos As Antitrust Showdown Begins
- CNN’s Jeff Zucker Says Fox News Is State-Run Propaganda: “TASS Has Nothing On Them”
- ‘Impulse’ Teaser: First Look At Doug Liman’s Action Drama Series On YouTube Red