PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY 5PM: With The Sing-Off current second cycle doing so well, it’s not surprising that NBC wants to extend it. The network will expand the season finale of the a cappella singing competition next Monday by a half-hour. It will also use the finale to get sampling for new comedy Perfect Couples. A preview episode of the midseason series, which will not be the pilot, will immediately follow the Sing-Off finale at 10:30 PM. Perfect Couples will premiere in its regular Thursday 8:30 PM slot on Jan. 20, when NBC launches its new six-comedy Thursday lineup. NBC used a similar strategy for new fall drama Outlaw, which was previewed after the finale of summer reality hit America’s Got Talent in September. This past Monday, The Sing-Off set series highs with a 3.3/9 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers overall.
NBC To Expand 'Sing-Off' Finale And Use It To Preview New Comedy 'Perfect Couples'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $81M; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $42M+
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”
- WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- WGA Negotiators Call For Strike-Authorization Vote – Read The Letter
- NABET Members Voting On New ABC Contract
- ‘Inside the FBI: New York’: First Promo & Premiere Date For Dick Wolf’s USA Network Docuseries
- Fox News Fires Its Longtime Comptroller