PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY 5PM: With The Sing-Off current second cycle doing so well, it’s not surprising that NBC wants to extend it. The network will expand the season finale of the a cappella singing competition next Monday by a half-hour. It will also use the finale to get sampling for new comedy Perfect Couples. A preview episode of the midseason series, which will not be the pilot, will immediately follow the Sing-Off finale at 10:30 PM. Perfect Couples will premiere in its regular Thursday 8:30 PM slot on Jan. 20, when NBC launches its new six-comedy Thursday lineup. NBC used a similar strategy for new fall drama Outlaw, which was previewed after the finale of summer reality hit America’s Got Talent in September. This past Monday, The Sing-Off set series highs with a 3.3/9 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers overall.
NBC To Expand 'Sing-Off' Finale And Use It To Preview New Comedy 'Perfect Couples'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
President Donald Trump Will Not Attend White House Correspondents' Dinner; Event Will Go On As Scheduled (Update)
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'