PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY 5PM: With The Sing-Off current second cycle doing so well, it’s not surprising that NBC wants to extend it. The network will expand the season finale of the a cappella singing competition next Monday by a half-hour. It will also use the finale to get sampling for new comedy Perfect Couples. A preview episode of the midseason series, which will not be the pilot, will immediately follow the Sing-Off finale at 10:30 PM. Perfect Couples will premiere in its regular Thursday 8:30 PM slot on Jan. 20, when NBC launches its new six-comedy Thursday lineup. NBC used a similar strategy for new fall drama Outlaw, which was previewed after the finale of summer reality hit America’s Got Talent in September. This past Monday, The Sing-Off set series highs with a 3.3/9 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers overall.
NBC To Expand 'Sing-Off' Finale And Use It To Preview New Comedy 'Perfect Couples'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $216M-$220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise
Rian Johnson & Ram Bergman Talk 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scenes And Finding Light In The Dark Of Episode VIII
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix