PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY 5PM: With The Sing-Off current second cycle doing so well, it’s not surprising that NBC wants to extend it. The network will expand the season finale of the a cappella singing competition next Monday by a half-hour. It will also use the finale to get sampling for new comedy Perfect Couples. A preview episode of the midseason series, which will not be the pilot, will immediately follow the Sing-Off finale at 10:30 PM. Perfect Couples will premiere in its regular Thursday 8:30 PM slot on Jan. 20, when NBC launches its new six-comedy Thursday lineup. NBC used a similar strategy for new fall drama Outlaw, which was previewed after the finale of summer reality hit America’s Got Talent in September. This past Monday, The Sing-Off set series highs with a 3.3/9 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers overall.
NBC To Expand 'Sing-Off' Finale And Use It To Preview New Comedy 'Perfect Couples'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’ Review: Kathy Bates & Chuck Lorre Sitcom May Be Funny if You’re High
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Shannon Purser On Honing Her Screen Acting Skills With First Television Project
- 'The Opposition With Jordan Klepper': Quintet Tapped As Correspondents For ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff
- CBS Wants ‘Judge Judy’ Profits Suit Trimmed Before 2018 Trial; Judge Judy Brags About Strong-Arming CBS
- ‘The Night Of’s Bill Camp On Series’ End: “I Don’t Think He Did It” – Emmys
- ‘SEAL Team’: Michael Irby, Jay Hayden, Alona Tal Set To Recur In CBS Drama Series