PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY 5PM: With The Sing-Off current second cycle doing so well, it’s not surprising that NBC wants to extend it. The network will expand the season finale of the a cappella singing competition next Monday by a half-hour. It will also use the finale to get sampling for new comedy Perfect Couples. A preview episode of the midseason series, which will not be the pilot, will immediately follow the Sing-Off finale at 10:30 PM. Perfect Couples will premiere in its regular Thursday 8:30 PM slot on Jan. 20, when NBC launches its new six-comedy Thursday lineup. NBC used a similar strategy for new fall drama Outlaw, which was previewed after the finale of summer reality hit America’s Got Talent in September. This past Monday, The Sing-Off set series highs with a 3.3/9 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers overall.
NBC To Expand 'Sing-Off' Finale And Use It To Preview New Comedy 'Perfect Couples'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- Ed Helms To Topline ‘The Fake News with Ted Nelms’ Special For Comedy Central
- Paul Ryan On Montana Election Fracas: No One Should Attack Press – Or Human Beings
- ‘Empire’ Finale Ratings Fizzle From 2016, ‘Dirty Dancing’ Does OK, CBS Wins Night
- ‘Nashville’ Midseason Trailer: “That’s The Door Slamming On My Career”
- ‘Goliath’ Ups Diana Hopper To Series Regular; Dominic Fumusa Also Cast
- Fullscreen & Wattpad Partner on ‘FANtasies’ Scripted Anthology Series