NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Fox Buys Legal Family Dramedy From ‘Guilt’ Creators & Lionsgate With Penalty
- ‘Me, Myself & I’, ‘Ghosted’ & ‘The Mayor’ Review: One Winner In Trio Of Comedies
- ‘Waco’: First Look At Taylor Kitsch As David Koresh In Paramount Network Series
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Susan Collins For “No” Vote On Test-Failing Healthcare Bill
- NBC Nabs ‘Bellevue’ Medical Drama From David Schulner & Peter Horton As Put Pilot
- ‘L&O True Crime: The Menendez Murders’: Harry Hamlin Set To Recur In NBC Series