NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'Baby Driver' Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; 'Wonder Woman' Beating 'Suicide Squad' With $325M+ Running Cume
Latest TV News
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Series Finale Ratings Rise Over 2016, Dominates Social Media
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Tom Wlaschiha Cast In TNT Drama Pilot ‘The Deep Mad Dark’
- Donald Trump Posts Second James O’Keefe CNN-Attack Video On Instagram
- Netflix Developing ‘Tales Of The City’ Revival With Laura Linney & Olympia Dukakis
- FX Networks Promotes Colette Wilson To SVP Current Series; Pair Upped To VP
- ‘World Of Dance’ Ratings Rise, ‘iZombie’ Falls To Finale Low, NBC Wins Night