NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Lays Out Plans For “Win” In Afghanistan
- New York Talent Agent Who Vanished A Week Ago Still Missing
- ‘Grace And Frankie’ Emmy-Nominated Production Designer Devorah Herbert Brings Warmth To Odd Couple Comedy
- ABC Nabs ‘Romeos & Juliets’ CIA Light Drama From Julie Anne Robinson, Jay Scherick & David Ronn As…
- SAG-AFTRA Presidential Candidate Peter Antico Has Plan To Reshape Union
- ‘Flip Or Flop Atlanta’ Renewed For Season 2 By HGTV