NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Latest TV News
- Spy Dramedy Starring Toni Collette From ‘Black-ish’ Duo Lindsey Shockley & Kenya Barris Sells To ABC
- FYI Greenlights New Kids Cooking Competition Show From ‘Dance Moms’ Producers
- HLN Shows ‘Dr. Drew’ Out After Unveiling Ashleigh Banfield Plans
- Image Awards Set For February 11 On TV One
- HBO Acquires Tracey Ullman’s New Sketch Show; Sets Stand-up Comedy Specials
- ‘Raised By Wolves’ Comedy From Diablo Cody & Berlanti Prods. Set At ABC