NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
Latest TV News
- Fox Studio Lot Staying In The Murdoch Fold Post-Disney Deal
- Olivier Martinez To Star In Action-Adventure TV Series ‘Soldiers Of Fortune’
- ‘Reverie’ Casts Jon Fletcher; Ginger Gonzaga Joins ‘Champions’
- Tracy Morgan TBS Comedy ‘The Last O.G.’ Taps Saladin K. Patterson As Showrunner
- Fox’s ‘A Christmas Story Live!’ Will Air First Live TV Ad For A Movie
- CNN Wins Alabama Election Night In News Demo, FNC Takes Total Viewers