NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest TV News
- Fox Summer Premiere Dates: ‘MasterChef’, New Ramsay Series, ‘SYTYCD’, Game Shows & More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 8: Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters & Kathy Bates Are Back
- ‘Chiefs’: Demetrius Grosse To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- ‘Mixtape’: Raúl Castillo To Star In Fox Musical Drama Pilot
- No. 9 ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Former ‘Apprentice’ Contestant May Proceed With Defamation Suit Against Donald Trump, Judge Rules