NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Latest TV News
- ‘Queer Eye’ Trailer: The Netflix Reboot Comes In With Style And Social Awareness
- Donald Trump Crashes GOP Site With “Fake News” Awards To NYT, ABC News, CNN, “Russia Collusion”
- Jane Fonda Talks TV’s Power, Tom Selleck Describes His Acting Approach At Brandon Tartikoff Awards — NATPE
- ‘One Mississippi’, ‘I Love Dick’ & ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ Canceled By Amazon
- MarVista Acquires Rights To Dystopian Novel ‘Sinless’ For TV Series
- Hector Elizondo & Holland Taylor To Star In Norman Lear & Peter Tolan's 'Guess Who Died' NBC Comedy Pilot