NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Discovery' EPs Alex Kurtzman & Akiva Goldsman On "Burnham's Dilemma" & Michelle Yeoh Shocker
Latest TV News
- ‘The Affair’: Sanaa Lathan Set To Recur On Season 4 Of Showtime Series
- Facebook Watch 'Working Spectacularly' for Discovery-backed Group Nine—Ad Week
- ‘Grown-ish’: Abraham D. Juste Set To Recur In ‘Black-ish’ Spinoff
- HBO Sets Premiere Date For Ben Bradlee Doc ‘The Newspaperman’
- Stana Katic Thriller ‘Absentia’ Sets Overseas Premiere Dates On Sony’s AXN
- Megyn Kelly Unironically Complains Media Has “Gotten So Dark” In ‘Today’ Launch