EXCLUSIVE: In his first U.S. series gig, veteran British actor Michael Gambon has joined the new HBO drama Luck as a recurring. Also added to the series as a recurring is Patrick J. Adams. Luck, a David Milch/Michael Mann collaboration starring Dustin Hoffman, takes a provocative look at horse racing — the owners, gamblers, jockeys and industry players. Gambon, who previously worked with Mann on The Insider, will play a yet-to-be-named character described as a nemesis or worthy adversary for Hoffman’s Ace Bernstein. Adams will play Nathan Israel, who works closely with Bernstein. Luck, which is currently in production, recently added Joan Allen as a recurring. Executive producing the series are Milch, Mann, and Carolyn Strauss. Gambon, who earned an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Lyndon Johnson in the 2002 HBO movie Path to War, plays King George V in Oscar hopeful The King’s Speech and reprises his role as Prof. Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Pt.1. (He also appeared in the HBO mini Angels in America.) Adams, repped by Gersh and manager Andy Corren, plays the lead in the USA pilot A Legal Mind.
Michael Gambon Joins HBO Series 'Luck'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The CW Developing ‘Blowback’ Thriller Drama From Justin Lin, Hannah Shakespeare, Michael Eisner & Intrigue
- ‘Conviction’: Daniel Franzese Joins New ABC Legal Drama Series In Recasting
- The Best And Not-Best From The Democratic & Republican Conventions – A Postmortem
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline’ Producer Says – TCA
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3