EXCLUSIVE: In his first U.S. series gig, veteran British actor Michael Gambon has joined the new HBO drama Luck as a recurring. Also added to the series as a recurring is Patrick J. Adams. Luck, a David Milch/Michael Mann collaboration starring Dustin Hoffman, takes a provocative look at horse racing — the owners, gamblers, jockeys and industry players. Gambon, who previously worked with Mann on The Insider, will play a yet-to-be-named character described as a nemesis or worthy adversary for Hoffman’s Ace Bernstein. Adams will play Nathan Israel, who works closely with Bernstein. Luck, which is currently in production, recently added Joan Allen as a recurring. Executive producing the series are Milch, Mann, and Carolyn Strauss. Gambon, who earned an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Lyndon Johnson in the 2002 HBO movie Path to War, plays King George V in Oscar hopeful The King’s Speech and reprises his role as Prof. Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Pt.1. (He also appeared in the HBO mini Angels in America.) Adams, repped by Gersh and manager Andy Corren, plays the lead in the USA pilot A Legal Mind.
Michael Gambon Joins HBO Series 'Luck'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Eli Roth Bringing Killer Clowns To Halloween Horror Nights 2016; Digital Genre Anthology Series 'Dark/Web' Coming From Felt Films
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis