Summit Entertainment announced just now that it has scheduled the Jodie Foster-directed film The Beaver starring Mel Gibson for a March 23rd limited engagement and an April 8th expansion. Once the studio decided not to give the film an Oscar qualifying run, it was just a question of when the best release date was. The film was supposed to debut in 2010 but the studio delayed when Mel’s rants against his ex-girlfriend became a matter of public record. Jodie has described Gibson’s performance as “one of his most powerful and moving performances”. In the film, Gibson plays a father who walks around talking to a beaver hand puppet. In the fall, a CBS News/Vanity Fair poll that found 76% of respondents saying Gibson’s personal troubles would have no effect on whether they would see one of his movies.
TOLDJA! Mel Gibson's Post-Rant 'The Beaver' Skedded for March 23 & April 8
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- ‘Lion’ Nabs Best International Film At Evening Standard British Film Awards
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer: Web Wings, Teen Angst, And A First Look At The Vulture
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: AFI Narrows The Race; ‘La La’ Hits L.A.; Jeff Bezos Throws A Party ‘By The Sea’; Tom Ford…
- Leonardo DiCaprio Meets Donald Trump, Snags Follow-Up And Twitter Snarks
- ‘Interrogation’ Director Vetri Maaran Details Sensitivity To On-Screen Violence: India’s Oscar Entry
- ‘Lion’ Director Garth Davis On His Journey Through Saroo Brierley’s Life & Rooney Mara’s…